Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What is your prediction for the EPL top 4?
KhaledAzizJr 8 years ago
Manchester United, Italy 40 610
  1. Liverpool
  2. Chelsea
  3. Arsenal
  4. Tottenham

What do you guys think?

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

Starting to think Liverpool and Chelsea might just battle it out for the two top spot. That or City will win like half of us expected it before the start of the season.

Lodatz 8 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

That or City will win like half of us expected it before the start of the season.

Actually, if I recall correctly, many people here thought United were going to be in front, because Pogba and Ibra were going to be way too good for the PL to handle, and many others told us that Guardiola was going to show us what domination looks like (oh and that anyone who disagreed was stupid).

How'd that turn out so far? :)

In the meanwhile, since no-one else has mentioned it, Spurs are still unbeaten in the league, having played 3 out of the current Top 4, having conceded only 6 goals (less than Atletico Madrid, btw) while missing both our main goalscorer and our best defender. Anyone writing Tottenham out of the race with 'no chance' is probably just being biased.

Liverpool and Chelsea are definitely benefiting from having no European football, and are running riot over the bottom half of the table; let's see how the season pans out. So far, though, it's been a reminder that anyone who tells you before the start of the season (or even 5 games in) that they've already figured out the winner...

...doesn't know anything about the PL. It simply can't be predicted the way that certain others can. Same old.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

That or City will win like half of us expected it before the start of the season.

Actually, if I recall correctly, many people here thought United were going to be in front, and many others told us that Guardiola was going to show us what domination looks like (oh and that anyone who disagreed was stupid).

How'd that turn out? ;)

Liverpool and Chelsea are definitely benefiting from having no European football; let's see how the season pans out. So far, though, it's been a reminder that anyone who tells you before the start of the season (or even 5 games in) that they've already figured out the winner...

...doesn't know anything about the PL. Same old.

Actually, if I recall correctly, many people here thought United were going to be in front, and many others told us that Guardiola was going to show us what domination looks like (oh and that anyone who disagreed was stupid).

How'd that turn out? ;)

Liverpool and Chelsea are definitely benefiting from having no European football; let's see how the season pans out. So far, though, it's been a reminder that anyone who tells you before the start of the season (or even 5 games in) that they've already figured out the winner...

...doesn't know anything about the PL. It simply can't be predicted the way that certain others can. Same old.

How'd that turn out? ;)

In the meanwhile, since no-one else has mentioned it, Spurs are still unbeaten in the league, having playing 3 out of the current Top 4, and missing both our main goalscorer and our best defender. Anyone writing Tottenham out of the race with 'no chance' is just being biased.

How'd that turn out? ;)

In the meanwhile, since no-one else has mentioned it, Spurs are still unbeaten in the league, having played 3 out of the current Top 4, having conceded only 6 goals (less than Atletico Madrid) while missing both our main goalscorer and our best defender. Anyone writing Tottenham out of the race with 'no chance' is just being biased.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Chelsea are doing much, much better than I expected. Assuming the lack of European football refrains from causing fatigue within the squad, they should be able to continue their title surge and finish in the Top 2. I'm still betting on City to win the title, but it would be incredibly entertaining to see Chelsea snatch it from them. My personal opinion is that none of United, Arsenal, or Tottenham are showing title-winning qualities right now, but that can change any time depending on when the players click with the manager's wishes (or in Arsenal's case, when the manager figures out what 'consistency' means).

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Lodatz

While I appreciate what you're saying, the winner of the BPL since I really started watching in 2007 was either first or a major contender at this point in the season. With the exception of Leicester last season, predicting the winner before the season was hardly difficult either. The stats don't lie in this case.

the winner of the BPL since I really started watching in 2007 was either first or a major contender at this point in the season [...] The stats don't lie in this case.

Can you show them to me? I guess what we need to see is what the table looked like after 11 games in every season, and what it looked like at the end of every season. I'll have a beer while you gather that, and see if you're right.

• History

The stats don't lie in this case.

Can you show them to me? I guess what we need to see is what the table looked like after 11 games in every season, and what it looked like at the end. I'll have a beer while you gather that, and see if you're right.

Can you show them to me? I guess what we need to see is what the table looked like after 11 games in every season, and what it looked like at the end of every season. I'll have a beer while you gather that, and see if you're right.

And you're also telling me that you predicted the winner of the league every year, before the season started, since 2007? I mean, you are saying it's easy, and all.

And you're also telling me that you predicted the winner of the league every year, before the season started, since 2007? I mean, what with it being so easy, you could make a fortune in online betting.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Five times in the last six seasons the team sitting top on December 25 have been there at the end of the season.
Manchester City are the one anomaly, as they climbed from third to first in the 2013-14 season, albeit with the assistance of Steven Gerrard’s loss of footing and a helping hand from Crystal Palace.

That was from an article about Leicester last season, and because they won it's now 6 times in 7 seasons. I have a mid-term tomorrow, so I can't do the research I'd normally do on this topic, sorry. Biomechanics is ****ing me up.

Lodatz 8 years ago

Oh, one way to do it might be to check out pages like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_Sunderland_A.F.C._season#Premier_League

Simply add up how many points they had after Week 11, and then do the same for every other team who played in the league that year, and then compile a league table of Week 11. And then compare it to the end of season table.

And then do this for every season, and present the results.

I've done stuff like that before, to present the researched data upon which I am stating my case. Takes a while but it's worth it. Or, if you have a previous source, that would be cool too.

Five times in the last six seasons the team sitting top on December 25 have been there at the end of the season.

Cool. Thanks for the evidence. +1

Edit: Oh, wait, but of course December 25th is, naturally, not November 5th, so no that doesn't back up your statement at all, but since you're distracted by mid-terms, I can see why you mistook one for the other.

And hey! Why study man? Shoot, if you can predict the PL every season before it starts, why aren't you a millionaire already?!

j/k

(lol no seriously tho, cut a brutha in... >.> )

• History

Oh, and December 25th is not November 5th, of course.

Oh, and December 25th is not November 5th, but I'm guessing that was just down to mid-term distraction.

Oh, and December 25th is not November 5th, but since you're distracted by mid-terms, I can see why you mistook one for the other.

Oh, and of course December 25th is, naturally, not November 5th, but since you're distracted by mid-terms, I can see why you mistook one for the other. And hey! Why study man? Shoot, if you can predict the PL every season before it starts, why aren't you a millionaire already?!

j/k

(lol seriously though, cut a brother in... :))

Oh, and of course December 25th is, naturally, not November 5th, but since you're distracted by mid-terms, I can see why you mistook one for the other. And hey! Why study man? Shoot, if you can predict the PL every season before it starts, why aren't you a millionaire already?!

j/k

Cool. Thanks for the evidence. +1

Edit: Oh, wait, but of course December 25th is, naturally, not November 5th, but since you're distracted by mid-terms, I can see why you mistook one for the other. And hey! Why study man? Shoot, if you can predict the PL every season before it starts, why aren't you a millionaire already?!

j/k

Lodatz 8 years ago

Oh, and just to join in:

1. City
  2. Arsenal
  3. Spurs
  4. Chelsea

Discuss.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

spurs above chelsea

lol.

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ if They loose fast in Europa league, they could fight for 5th place :)

Is Pep responsible for KDB injury ? They may have lost points stupidly, they are still favourites bookmakers aren't fools...

• History

^ if They loose fast in Europa league, they could fight for 5th place :)

RBcity 7 years ago
Manchester City, England 3 29
  1. Liverpool
  2. Manchester City
  3. Arsenal
  4. Manchester United
Lodatz 7 years ago

So no-one called tiki out for trying to provoke me by trolling and going off topic?

I wonder what those mods are up to...

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493
  1. Chelsea
  2. Arsenal
  3. Liverpool
  4. Man City

5th. Man Utd / Tottenham

Oh, i wish Man Utd could be challenging for the title like they were always doing with Sir Alex... since he's gone, Utd have hardly been even getting into the top 4!! :(

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Lodatz You should not bother with sh.it. They drag you and you become one of them in the process.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz @JozeMourinho You guys got problem with how much action we take and what we do? :( I'm sorry to hear that. Don't forget that you can report anything to us if you felt we should take action on a matter.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I have no problem with you emo. Just saying he should ignore tiki.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Joze Okay lad, sorry for misundersting your statement. ;)

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited

@Emobot7: Okay, then I'd like to report tiki-taka for being a troll, and trying to derail a conversation. Could someone please ask him to stop and/or remove the offending comment?

I want to believe, man, I do. But first I have to see something to believe in. Tiki's behavior isn't even subtle, but it DOES go unpunished, which is the eternal problem here.

• History

@Emobot7: Okay, then I'd like to report tiki-taka for being a troll, and trying to derail a conversation. Could someone please ask him to stop and/or remove the offending comment?

I want to believe, man, I do. But first I have to see something to believe in. Tiki's behavior isn't even subtle, but it DOES go unpunished.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Lodatz, how is that even a troll? he saying tottenham wont be top 4 , highly likely