Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who should be Chelsea's new Captain?
Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Our three centre-backs Gary Cahill, David Luiz and Cesar Azpilicueta, along with Cesc Fabregas seem to be the front runners, but Hazard has done it for Belgium as well.

I'd really like Azpi to have it for all that he has done and is for the club. He loves the club, there's no doubt about that having rejected big moves to Barca and Real in the past, he did the job as captain against Spurs last FA Cup semi-final and for me is the first name on the team sheet, and the guy you want on the field for every minute.

Obviously, Cahill looked like the natural successor last year, but Luiz, Eden and Cesc have that leadership too.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Cahill seems like the obvious choice, he's been a mainstay since forever.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

loving the club is all well and good but it doesn't make you a good captain...you need someone who is confident and good at communicating as well as being a good leader...cahill is that kind of person i think

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Cahill for me imo, not that I actually want Cahill to be the next captain but like Sun said, he's been there for a long time and above all else, he is British. I'd rather have Luiz or Azpi but the former could be controversial (celebrated goal against Chelsea in CL) and the later is a bit less charismatic.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Fabregas would be my choice, followed by Azpi.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Fabregas would be my choice

Out of sheer curiosity, why? I'd make Diego Costa captain before I gave it to Fabregas.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Well, I think that he has most attributes a captain should have, certainly more than anyone else in our XI. He's one of the few world class players at Chelsea, full of confidence, has that 'good' arrogance about him, connects defense and attack, very communicative, experience on all fronts, natural leader and winner. The last season really showed what he's about. When Conte's capture was announced, everyone started to write off Fabregas, saying he wasn't suited to his style at all and that he should rather leave. The start of the season was indeed rough and he could've chosen the easy road and leave - but he didn't. Instead he kept his head down and slowly but surely worked himself back into the team, especially improving on the defensive side of things. When other players are asked about Fabregas you can see the genuine appreciation they have for Fabregas, who offers something that no one else in world football can offer ever since Xavi, Pirlo and Alonso have deteriorated/retired. He's always one of the very best performers of the team - sometimes the game plan seems like "just give it to Fabregas and he'll take care of it". He has the whole package in my opinion. I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate Fabregas. Also, it would cause a meltdown among Arsenal fans, which is the most important thing.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Cahill since he's home grown english. Fabregas and Luiz are not captain material in my book.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@JuanMata This man know the name of the "gas" most dangerous to Arsenal fan. XD

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

For me i think the luiz/fabregas or azpi should be the captain, they act like leaders on the pitch but i heard that gaz is doing great as the captain off the pitch, I actually don't care who wears the armband :p

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Fair answer Juan.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

We should make hazard the captain so he never leaves
enter image description here

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

arsenal fans would tell you about captains leaving

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Sun: Counter-question: why would you make Costa captain before giving it to Fabregas?

ESmith 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 0 16

i reckon everyone should get thier noggles out like me and fricken give a sensible answer
who else should be their manager but ryan giggs or stevie wonder

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@quikzy you beat me to it ! hahahah

@juan

yeah lets make our most disloyal player our captain . Man who was ex Gooner and Barca player .

Dave is the guy if it isn't Cahil . For now no one can do it better than Cahil

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Will Cahill still be starting?

As much as I like him as a player, I'm not really sure what the Rudiger signing was about, especially considering we still have Zouma and brought back Christensen, two great players. The only player from our starting lineup last year who I would drop would be Moses, and then bring Azpi up to RWB and slot Rudiger in at RCB.

If Azpi is staying at RCB, and Conte signed Rudiger with the intention of starting him, wouldn't it be Cahill who's being dropped? This doesn't necessarily affect club captaincy but affects on-pitch captaincy.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Sun: Counter-question: why would you make Costa captain before giving it to Fabregas?

I suppose the main thought would be that Fabregas has captained a team in the past and accomplished the everlasting hate of the red part of London - but what matters a bit more to me in a captain is character and longevity. A captain is someone you're willing to follow, and is ready to sacrifice themselves for the team that they love. Fabregas is like the anti-thesis of that.

But, this thread is entirely based on opinion, and I respect that you have a different viewpoint of the situation.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Yes he will and if he doesn't Dave will .

@sun

Good answer and analysis of Fabregas . I would also give captaincy to Costa before i give it to Fabregas . Fabregas often can't even inspire himself and some fans want him to be captain ... come on !

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Cahill would be my choice. English, has been at the club for a long time, and has appropriate qualities to be a leader. Hazard is an introvert, he does not possess any of the qualities to be a good captain.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Dyn, Hazard is most definitely extroverted, but even then an introvert can make a good captain. There are different styles of leadership. I just think that Hazard tends to let the tough times get to him, instead of having that "no f**** given" attitude.