Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Why Chelsea wont win the EFL Carabao Cup 2018
Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

First of all it will take something special to beat Arsenal but the point is that even if Chelsea does that, winning the cup looks very unlikely having in mind that the majority of this season Chelsea has been having many problems with injuries - right now the first striker Morata is still injured and so is Fabregas,Cahill and Drinkwater and they won't feature against Arsenal while Courtois is just back from an injury and so is Christensen.

The injury problems combined with the amazing fixtures of this season is the reason why Conte has stated that even if no silverware is added this season was already good - which is why I would suggest to all Chelsea fans to back up the team and Antonio Conte as our manager.

A bunch of examples that Chelsea already made through;

At the start of the season, Chelsea played first CL game, winning 6:0 but in 5 days time played 0:0 vs Arsenal, a hint of what is to come - soon after playing first away game in CL in Madrid winning vs Atletico, just to play Manchester City 3 days later and losing 0:1.
But that's not the end of the funny fixtures, going away to play AS Roma, losing 3:0 just to come back 5 days later and host of all teams Manchester United, but actually winning the game by 1:0, who knows how would it turned out if Pogba had not been injured that time?
The story continues as after each important game --- there is another either important or a big game to follow - even if Qarabag is an easy opponent it's still a fact that it's CL and that the first team will be involved a lot and lets not forget that even a small team like that could play 2 draws vs Atletico Madrid, anyway right after playing that away game, Chelsea went to Liverpool 3 days later and played 1:1.

The pattern of having an important game right after previously playing an important game may or may not have a big influence on the results but lets see what happens if by any chance Chelsea was to beat Arsenal and go to the final of the Carabao Cup...

Here is the fixture of Chelsea at that time period:

20 February CL home game vs Barcelona

25 February away game vs Manchester United

EFL Cup final is going to be on the 25 February as well, which means in case Chelsea gets there, the league game vs Manchester United away will be changed to a different date ( I guess ).

So far we see that even if Chelsea doesn't get to play the Carabao Cup final, it's once again an important game in CL followed by a big game in the league...But that's not the end right after that if we see the fixture again:

3 March away game vs Manchester City

The bottom line is this:

Chelsea plays first Barcelona, if by any chance they beat Arsenal they will have once again 5 days till they play Manchester City in the Carabao final, two maybe most important games of the season in such a short period of time, but even if Chelsea doesn't make it to the Carabao Cup Final the pattern is the same as they will play Manchester United away, followed by playing Manchester City away after that.

So there is a possibility that Chelsea will play Barcelona home, Manchester City at Wembley, Manchester City away and Manchester United away as well depending on when that game would be rescheduled for.

Now why would Chelsea lose Carabao Cup Final?

Answer is this - playing Barcelona at home followed by that Cups Final is already a handicap, having in mind that Manchester City plays FC Basel on the 13th February and will have almost a full weak ahead to prepare is a clear advantage for Manchester City but keep in mind that FA Cup is also going to enter the schedule for both teams, which is the key point -

Chelsea has had a lot of injury problems this season already without having a busy schedule but only having to deal with playing multiple important games one after another, so when you add the busy schedule with big games odds are the squad will crumble at one point...while Manchester City has a bigger squad depth already and an easier fixture ahead of the Carabao Final itself, it's not looking good for Chelsea to win it, even if Chelsea somehow manages to beat Arsenal.

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

First of all it will take something special to beat Arsenal but the point is that even if Chelsea does that, winning the cup looks very unlikely having in mind that the majority of this season Chelsea has been having many problems with injuries - right now the first striker Morata is still injured and so is Fabregas,Cahill and Drinkwater and they won't feature against Arsenal while Courtois is just back from an injury and so is Christensen.

The injury problems combined with the amazing fixtures of this season is the reason why Conte has stated that even if no silverware is added this season was already good - which is why I would suggest to all Chelsea fans to back up the team and Antonio Conte as our manager.

A bunch of examples that Chelsea already made through;

At the start of the season, Chelsea played first CL game, winning 6:0 but in 5 days time played 0:0 vs Arsenal, a hint of what is to come - soon after playing first away game in CL in Madrid winning vs Atletico, just to play Manchester City 3 days later and losing 0:1.
But that's not the end of the funny fixtures, going away to play AS Roma, losing 3:0 just to come back 5 days later and host of all teams Manchester United, but actually winning the game by 1:0, who knows how would it turned out if Pogba had not been injured that time?
The story continues as after each important game --- there is another either important or a big game to follow - even if Qarabag is an easy opponent it's still a fact that it's CL and that the first team will be involved a lot and lets not forget that even a small team like that could play 2 draws vs Atletico Madrid, anyway right after playing that away game, Chelsea went to Liverpool 3 days later and played 1:1.

The pattern of having an important game right after previously playing an important game may or may not have a big influence on the results but lets see what happens if by any chance Chelsea was to beat Arsenal and go to the final of the Carabao Cup...

Here is the fixture of Chelsea at that time period:

20 February CL home game vs Barcelona

25 February away game vs Manchester United

EFL Cup final is going to be on the 25 February as well, which means in case Chelsea gets there, the league game vs Manchester United away will be changed to a different date ( I guess ).

So far we see that even if Chelsea doesn't get to play the Carabao Cup final, it's once again an important game in CL followed by a big game in the league...But that's not the end right after that if we see the fixture again:

3 March away game vs Manchester City

The bottom line is this:

Chelsea plays first Barcelona, if by any chance they beat Arsenal they will have once again 5 days till they play Manchester City in the Carabao final, two maybe most important games of the season in such a short period of time, but even if Chelsea doesn't make it to the Carabao Cup Final the pattern is the same as they will play Manchester United away, followed by playing Manchester City away after that.

So there is a possibility that Chelsea will play Barcelona home, Manchester City at Wembley, Manchester City away and Manchester United away as well depending on when that game would be rescheduled for.

Now why would Chelsea lose Carabao Cup Final?

Answer is this - playing Barcelona at home followed by that Cups Final is already a handicap, having in mind that Manchester City plays FC Basel on the 13th February and will have almost a full weak ahead to prepare is a clear advantage for Manchester City but keep in mind that FA Cup is also going to enter the schedule for both teams, which is the key point -

Chelsea has had a lot of injury problems this season already without having a busy schedule but only having to deal with playing multiple important games one after another, so when you add the busy schedule with big games odds are the squad will crumble at one point...while Manchester City has a bigger squad depth already and an easier fixture ahead of the Carabao Final itself, it's not looking good for Chelsea to win it, even if Chelsea somehow manages to beat Arsenal.

Comments
Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Conte will be leaving at the end of the season wether we back him or not. I rather see Chelsea loose this silverware and concentrate on the league, FA cup and CL.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Focus on efl cup and forget champions league! 😎😎

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@liomessi10

Never! We are coming for you.

I don't even know if we'll beat Arsenal tbh. We've got to play the 3-4-3 with Willian, and come out firing from the start.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Morata, our best player (in the epl match) is now injured so, I think that actually gives Chelsea more chances today, hope for a good match!

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy I'm pretty sure Morata isn't an Arsenal pla... Oh... oh!I got it, your talking about all his missed chance in the PL game that ended up 2-2. :P

I'm really is naive sometime, aren't I. XD

To be fair, I'm sick and my brain is still in syrup (its an expression) so thats my excuse. :P

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy I'm pretty sure Morata isn't an Arsenal pla... Oh... oh!I got it, your talking about all his missed chance in the PL game that ended up 2-2. :P

To be fair, I'm sick and my brain is still in syrup so thats my excuse. :P

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chelsea did themselves a favour by losing.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Right, at this point. May be they are better off without competing this cup. Should really focus on the others

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

First Morata and now Rudiger. So many double agent in London! :U

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

and then they say we didn't sign anyone, pff.