Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Your favorite football duo
Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

'sup guys, I thought of this while updating my profile picture, finally got one I wanted ;) The question is pretty much in title however I'll explain it further, I want you to name your best/favorite duo you saw playing or generally think is best. It doesn't matter if they played together in club or country, it's just about how good they were together. I have some I consider amazing:

Ozil and Diego (Werder) - has to be my favorite duo, and also best profile pic I got yet. Diego came from Porto in 2006/07 to Werder, Ozil season later and they played together in 2007/08 and 2008/09. Sadly a bit short ;( They had 44 goals and 37 assists in two seasons they played with eachother. In total 70 goals and 95 assists combined during time in Werder although Diego leaved season earlier.

Henry and Bergkamp (Arsenal) - I don't need to explain anything.

Butragueno and Hugo Sanchez (Real Madrid) - I don't know what I love more, Butragueno's brilliant dribbling and then composed finish or Hugo Sanchez's overhead kicks. Both of them have to be some of most underrated players ever and I would give everything to watch atleast season of them.

These are my top 3, I have left out some great ones however I simply have feeling these are best ones I could watch... and rewatch.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ronaldo and Rooney. Man that was fun.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Well, as you propably realize, I wouldn't be able to name a lot of the older duo since I only got into football recently but heres a few:

• Aubameyang and Dembele at BVB, it only lasted a year it seem but it was great.
  • Ramos and Kroos, all those freaking header on set piece, I don't know if it count, but I think it should. :O
  • Messi with Suarez. I know they are a trio with Neymar but there is clearly a better chemistry between those two.
  • Ozil and Sanchez on a good day, they do thing to a ball that should not even be legal.

Can we also name defensive duo, because if he we can, would like to name Chiellini and Bonucci.

Croatian 7 years ago

@Emo, of course, defensive duos are often overlooked, for me it would be Desailly and Blanc or Roberto Carlos and Cafu although they were fullbacks.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Reus and Gotze or Villa and Torres for me.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Nesta & Maldini,
Nesta & Cannavaro,
Vidic & Rio,
Giggs & Beckham,
Ronaldo & Rivaldo,
Cafu & Roberto Carlos,
Di Maria & Messi,
Vieri & Adriano,
Xavi & Iniesta

Croatian 7 years ago

@Golazo,

Vieri & Adriano

Oh, I miss those days. Adriano was brutally good in those first few seasons.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

From recent times, Messi and Dani Alves or Cristiano and Marcelo.

AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Romario and Bebeto I'm so glad I watched these 2 players. Best due of all time, they were a pleasure to watch.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Romario and Bebeto I'm so glad I watched these 2 players.

Romario and Bebeto I'm so glad I watched these 2 players. Best due of all time, they were a pleasure to watch.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I really liked the Forlan & Aguero duo at Atletico. They were really fun to watch.

Others I really liked were...

Nilmar & Rossi
Iniesta & Xavi
Forlan & Suarez
Sneijder & Milito
Ibrahimovic & Pato
Lampard & Essien

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Dwight Yorke & Andy Cole. THE DUO WAS THE THING, along with the Manchester United golden generation

Iniesta & Xavi, shall I mention more?

Henry & Bergkamp, I still envy Arsenal to have them

Roykean & Scholes wow, just wow.

Totti & Montela

Vidic & Ferdinand we still miss them.

ZIdan and Del Piero

... seriously too much to mention

David Beckham & Ryan Giggs THIS IS THE BESTTTTT WINGER DUO of all time!!! The world is YET to see again, they swapped, interchange by crosses... and play rather far away from each other... yet still close...

• History

Dwight Yorke & Andy Cole. THE DUO WAS THE THING, along with the Manchester United golden generation

**Henry & Bergkamp", I still envy Arsenal to have them

"Roykean & Scholes" wow, just wow.

"David Beckham & Ryan Giggs" THIS IS THE BESTTTTT WINGER DUO of all time!!!

Henry & Bergkamp, I still envy Arsenal to have them

Roykean & Scholes wow, just wow.

David Beckham & Ryan Giggs THIS IS THE BESTTTTT WINGER DUO of all time!!! The world is YET to see again, they swapped, interchange by crosses... and play rather far away from each other... yet still close...

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

enter image description here

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

This is the best tho

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@chelsea8 lol!

Lamps and Drogba was quite special.

This isn't a duo but I miss the old Reus-Goetze-Blaszczykowski with Lewa up top.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

And with Bender and Gundogan supporting, and a defensive line of Schmelzer-Subotic-Hummels-Piszczek.

Not to mention Weidenfeller as GK. :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Old Borussia was best Borussia is what I wish I could say but to be fair, I didn't see it. :( Still, Auba and Dembele together were a thing of beauty seriously. Hope BVB replacing striker is gonna be good. :)

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Not quite at the level of most of these, but Defoe and Keane were simply wonderful together.

Aside from that, I have to go for Zidane and Ronaldo O Fenomeno at Madrid.

• History

Not quite at the level of most of these, but Defoe and Keane were simply wonderful together.

Aside from that, I have to go for Zidane and Ronaldo at Madrid.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

When I think of Barcelona players i think it's Xavi and Iniesta.

Croatian 7 years ago

@Dynastian, for a moment I forgot who Forlan is, weird lol. His volley in 2010 World Cup is one of my favorites, I can rewatch it for whole day. Also great shout on Nilmar and Rossi, sadly both of them didn't quite meet what we expected tho.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

shearer - sutton

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

maldini - baresi/nesta