Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Boring Chelsea and Mourinho
Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

We have been top of the league since 23 August 23, and if we go on to win it we will break Man United's record of the longest time spent at the top of the league in a season. Personally I find that very entertaining.

Currently Chelsea are second only to Man City in goals scored in the league with 65 and in all competitions 15 Chelsea players have scored 90 goals between them, 18 of them being scored by defenders. That sounds more like total football to me.

This season Chelsea have attempted the fourth-most short passes in the league, electing to pass short 88.76% of the time and long only 11.24%. They have the third-highest pass accuracy rate, have attempted the third-fewest long passes (behind Arsenal and Manchester City) and have had the joint second-most shots (tied with Arsenal and behind Manchester City in first). Meanwhile, the side feature the two most creative players in the league in Eden Hazard and Cesc Fàbregas, who have created 158 goalscoring chances for their team-mates between them. Boring, defensive Mourinho?

Comments
KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

The stats are accurate and I totally agree with you! A good defense doesn't mean that the team only plays defensively as some seem to believe and as the stats clearly shows. People who doesn't know football come up with the *boring Chelsea* and *bus* jokes! Scores more goals than 18 of the other PL teams. That should be enough.

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Boring isn't classified for lack of goals. Goals have nothing to do with boring or entertaining. Two teams can have a good entertaining match and end 1-1 or 0-0 or 1-0 and two teams can play a dull game and end 3-0. Its the build up on attack thats fun, the passing the skills, the going back and forth. Chelsea just shuts down every attack (no one questoins their defensive capabilities) and when I watch their games there is always something missing. As i explained in the other thread, boring is subjective. Stats can't prove if a team is boring or not. Its in the eyes of the beholder.

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

ignore the haters mate.. and this "park the bus" has become a thing whenever we do well lol.. no way in hell we parked the bus yesterday, both teams struggled to control the game and arsenal fans just need an excuse.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Lol When Barça was top of the league for that long, mister Marcus was saying its boring, now he finds it entertaining :) The definition of BIAS.
Being first isnt boring, what Madrid, Bayern, Barça are doing for years now is an achievement, its the first time for years Chelsea a little matched their league consistence and handled as an exploit, its just a usual season for top 3 Europeen clubs.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Mate, we are the best club in England and amongst the best in the world, haters will always hate for this reason. Here is how to find out if a person is a butthurt hater and a sore loser. (If you read or hear any of these boring statements) : *Sarcasm intended in italic font*

**Roman Abramovich. **(The only rich club owner in the whole world)

Chelsea buy trophies. (We are the only club that sign in players every year)

**Park the bus.** (Defense is not part of football, you should concede and lose 8-2 to be considered an entertaining club or just keep passing the ball back and around to bore the hell out of everyone) (Most of those people who says that are lacking so much football knowledge and tactics.)

No History. (Simply most of those who says it are a bunch of 10-15 years old kids since they don't know anything about Chelsea before Roman Abramovich and what trophies we have won.)

Just laugh back, because there is nothing funnier than a pure ignorance. At the end of the day we are the winners and they are the losers. KTBFFH! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! :)

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Jose Mourinho:

"In any point of analysis in any criteria you can find, we are the best team or the second-best team. As simple as that," the Portuguese said at a news conference to preview Wednesday night's match against Leicester.

He added: "I ask myself if in the future, when I am a granddad and I am at home with my grandsons, and maybe the future of football is a beautiful green grass carpet without goals.

"And in that beautiful grass pitch the team with more ball possession wins the game. Because everybody says 'oh, my team plays fantastically well, we had great ball possession. 'Good.' Oh, we build very well.' Good.

"It looks like the goals are not there. Sometimes you speak about 'boring' and you consider boring a team that scores as many goals as we do, but you don't consider boring a team that has 70 percent of the ball possession and cannot win the game. It's quite a big contradiction.

"Football started a few centuries ago and the objective was one, but now it looks like the objective is another one.

"For me, I am very simple in my analysis. Football is about putting the ball in the net of your opponent and stopping your opponent."

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

There is no one who denies Chelsea being the best team of PL, but seriously look at other teams level, its not an achievement, its like going crazy when Bayern wins the Bundesliga, this is a year where Chelsea had no rivalry in the domestic league, and they paid it cash in CL because they played as relaxed as they are used to in PL, conceded 2 late back to back equalizers against 10 men at home while they should have killed the game hundred of times with the strike force they have...
Yes you won, yes you are the best in England, by a big HUGE margin, but that was expected since October, Because Chelsea is the only team of top 4 that highered their level comparing to the usual PL close average level...

Take back Chelsea and you find all other teams very close, if Chelsea werent as good and near the following teams everybody would scream this is competitiveness, this is why argument. While now you can see clearly that its a top 4 level problem...

For me the shock would have been if Chelsea didnt won the league, with the reinforcement and the experience they have.

Its far from being Mou biggest achievement, he was driving a BMW while others were having mechanic problems in their Chevrolets, the achievement would have been to advance with the BMW and beat Europeen Ferraries wich was not the case.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

There is no one who denies Chelsea being the best team of PL, but seriously look at other teams level, its not an achievement, its like going crazy when Bayern wins the Bundesliga, this is a year where Chelsea had no rivalry in the domestic league, and they paid it cash in CL because they played as relaxed as they are used to in PL, conceded 2 late back to back equalizers against 10 men at home while they should have killed the game hundred of times with the strike force they have...
Yes you won, yes you are the best in England, by a big HUGE margin, but that was expected since October, Because Chelsea is the only team of top 4 that highered their level comparing to the usual PL close level...

Take back Chelsea and you find all other teams very close, if Chelsea werent as good and near the following teams everybody would scream this is competitiveness, this is why argument. While now you can see clearly that its a top 4 level problem...

For me the shock would have been if Chelsea didnt won the league, with the reinforcement and the experience they made.

Yes you won, yes you are the best in England, by a big HUGE margin, but that was expected since October, Because Chelsea is the only team of top 4 that highered their level comparing to the usual PL close level...

For me the shock would have been if Chelsea didnt won the league, with the reinforcement and the experience they made.

Its far from being Mou biggest achievement, he was driving a BMW while others were having mechanic problems in their Chevrolets, the achievement would have been to advance with the BMW and beat Europeen Ferraries wich was not the case.

Yes you won, yes you are the best in England, by a big HUGE margin, but that was expected since October, Because Chelsea is the only team of top 4 that highered their level comparing to the usual PL close average level...

Tacuachillo 9 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Chelsea might have boring defense football, but hey, it works. It's just not what you expect to see from a club sitting on top the table. You would expect to see a aggressive approach. Mou has genius tactics when it comes down to shutting down big clubs. He just gets it wrong every now and then. For example the way he approached PSG, I think he displayed too much respect for that side. Both matches Chelsea displayed a defensive approach, in which I believe Chelsea has the squad to run over PSG. But as people state, rivals will always criticize your style of play.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

@Tacuachillo

That's exactly what I think about parking bus.

kambingku 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Germany 24 214

to all chelsea haters

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@tiki

I called Barcelona possessional football boring and lack of challenge from other teams who even field their second team or give up without proper fight . Before you start start EPL vs La Liga crap again, I will tell you , yes this year it is different . Lets end it here .

Meanwhile you should make up your mind about CL . Is it competition where any team can loose with few details deciding fate of the match or is it competition where it does not matter ?

Chelsea did not loose a single game in CL . We blamed ourselves and congratulated PSG who are not some small club with low profile players . We should have been through but I am sort glad we are not , because I dont not have to read crap you would have to write every week till Chelsea would have get knocked about how undeservedly we went through , but would completely ignore other details of the game where PSG had controversies of their own , because deep in your heart you are hypocritical cherry picking bias bigot . :) Yes you are ))

You still think that Chelsea did not deserve to win in 2012 , because Barca played prettier . But few details decided the game . but you won't admit we were best team in the world in 2012 .

Btw PSG , The one Barca beat later who were half injured without their main man , captain Silva . Few details decide the game ? Right . Best team won .

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

@rainmondo

Do you remember our "pretty" football under AVB ? Yeah no one does . Or will ever care everyone remembers matches we lost against top sides but not why and how we lost them !

Now we are solid in defense and in attack . We played pretty and ugly but yesterday we were far from boring .

• History

@rainmondo

Do you remember our "pretty" football under AVB ? Yeah no one does . Or will ever care everyone remembers matches we lost against top sides but not why and how we lost them !

''I called Barcelona possessional football boring and lack of challenge from other teams who even field their second team or give up without proper fight .''

If Barça football is boring, then how about Chelsea one, i fall asleep at times watching Chelsea games, I guess Man City during the 4 games played against Barça City played their second team because it looked exactly like a Liga midtable team.
Maybe Barça is just average team, then The PL holder City should be a championship level team...

'' We blamed ourselves and congratulated PSG who are not some small club with low profile players ''

Well thankfully Barça played them on two leg confrontations and PSG didnt got a single hope of qualifiying, not even a minute, so maybe they arent that strong after all...

'' We should have been through but I am sort glad we are not , because I dont not have to read crap you would have to write every week till Chelsea would have get knocked about how undeservedly we went through ''

Well im sure you would have been the happiest Chelsea fan on earth if they did :) and im not this kind of eternal whiner, i just gave you some of your medicine since you love to do it to others, i do it only to Chelsea and their Whiner fans, it was the opposite for years now, how does it feel ? :) to not be in your favourite position : the victims.

'' but you won't admit we were best team in the world in 2012 . ''

No, you were not, you were the luckiest team ever, even Porto of 2004 didnt got this sort of luck, Chelsea was 5th of their own League and got trashed 4-1 in Europeen super cup by EL winners wich never happen to the CL winners ever...

''because deep in your heart you are hypocritical cherry picking bias bigot . :) Yes you are )) ''

Nice argument, i understand you' re just buthurt that i pointed things you delberatly choose to ignore. Anyway never talk about Ethics next time :) hypocrite.

'' PSG , The one Barca beat later who were half injured without their main man , captain Silva . Few details decide the game ? Right . Best team won .''

PSG was half injured VS Chelsea too, Motta and Lucas are main players, they played Marquinhos and Silva who are also starters, and Barça got Iniesta injured and Alves suspended playing with Montoya, if its your excuse for Chelsea loss against them then LOL.
It was complete domination in both legs, With or Without Silva Barça was going to win, because at the opposite of Chelsea they are games killer and never play cowardly afraid from conceding, they choose to score more than their rivals home or away, weak or world class opposition...

'' Before you start start EPL vs La Liga crap again, I will tell you , yes this year it is different . Lets end it here . ''

Dont be affraid, i wont discuss the fact that i was right about it from the start, i dont need to embarass you the fact you understand now is enough for me so we dont go on reality denial each time.

This year is different only for Chelsea, last year it was the same Chelsea of last year would be leading by 1 point margin at the moment and everybody would be screaming about competitiveness...
The level of top 4 is decreasing for couple of years now, as you loved to remember Arsenal fans only Chelsea were able to progress in CL past years, not consistenly but they did, we are far from 2005 period, and the 2012 victory of CL hide it a little but Arsenal or City didnt or never reached Semi-finals for years now.
United who were the absolute champions did it last in 2011, while they used to win PL with 12 pts lead in SAF era, the fact SAF won the last PL title with a very aging team should have got your attention, but you arent following this league with neutral and objective eyes, your subjectivity, bias and Ignorance, maybe pride makes you deliberatly ignore it...

There is no need to go on a league debate do we ? Things are clear as water, top 5 of Spain all in form since September rulling all their games domestic or Europeen, they may not have the money or the hype, but results and forms talk of themselves...

• History

''I called Barcelona possessional football boring and lack of challenge from other teams who even field their second team or give up without proper fight .''

If Barça football is boring, then how about Chelsea one, i fall asleep at times watching Chelsea games, I guess Man City during the 4 games played against Barça played their secind team because it looked exactly like a Liga midtable team.
Maybe Barça is just average team, then The PL holder City should be a championship level team...

'' We blamed ourselves and congratulated PSG who are not some small club with low profile players ''

Well thankfully Barça played them on two leg confrontations and PSG didnt got a single hope of qualifiying, not even a minute, so maybe they arent that strong after all...

'' We should have been through but I am sort glad we are not , because I dont not have to read crap you would have to write every week till Chelsea would have get knocked about how undeservedly we went through ''

Well im sure you would have been the happiest Chelsea fan on earth if they did :)

No, you were not, you were the luckiest team ever, even Porto of 2004 didnt got this sort of luck, Cheksea was 5th of their own League and got trashed 4-1 in Europeen super cup by EL winners wich never happen to the CL winners ever...

''because deep in your heart you are hypocritical cherry picking bias bigot . :) Yes you are )) ''

Nice argument, i understand you' re just buthurt that i pointed things you delberatly choose to ignore. Anyway never talk about Ethics next time :) hypocrite.

'' PSG , The one Barca beat later who were half injured without their main man , captain Silva . Few details decide the game ? Right . Best team won .''

It was complete domination in both legs, With or Without Silva Barça was going to win, because at the opposite of Chelsea they are games killer and never play cowardly afraid from conceding, they choose to score more home or away, weak or world class opposition...

'' Before you start start EPL vs La Liga crap again, I will tell you , yes this year it is different . Lets end it here . ''

Dont be affraid, i wont discuss the fact that i was right about it from the start, i dont need to embarass you the fact you understand is enough for me so we dont go on reality denial each time.

This year is different only for Chelsea, last year it was the same Chelsea of last year would be leading by 1 point margin at the moment...
The level of top 4 is decreasing for couple of years now, as you loved to remember Arsenal fans only Chelsea were able to progress in CL past years, not consistenly but they did, we are far from 2005 period, and the 2012 victory of CL hide it a little but Arsenal or City didnt or never reached Semi-finals for years now.
United who were the absolute champions did it last in 2011, while they used to win PL with 12 pts lead in SAF era, the fact SAF won the last PL title with a very aging team should have got your attention, but you arent following this league with neutral and objective eyes, your subjectivity, bias and Ignorance, maybe pride because sometimes you are aware of things but deliberatly ignore them....

There is no need to go on a league debate do we ? Things are clear as water, top 5 of Spain all in form since September rulling all their games domestic or Europeen, they may not have the money or the hype, but results and forms talk of themselves...

If Barça football is boring, then how about Chelsea one, i fall asleep at times watching Chelsea games, I guess Man City during the 4 games played against Barça played their secind team because it looked exactly like a Liga midtable team.

Well im sure you would have been the happiest Chelsea fan on earth if they did :)

No, you were not, you were the luckiest team ever, even Porto of 2004 didnt got this sort of luck, Cheksea was 5th of their own League and got trashed 4-1 in Europeen super cup by EL winners wich never happen to the CL winners ever...

It was complete domination in both legs, With or Without Silva Barça was going to win, because at the opposite of Chelsea they are games killer and never play cowardly afraid from conceding, they choose to score more home or away, weak or world class opposition...

Dont be affraid, i wont discuss the fact that i was right about it from the start, i dont need to embarass you the fact you understand is enough for me so we dont go on reality denial each time.

This year is different only for Chelsea, last year it was the same Chelsea of last year would be leading by 1 point margin at the moment...
United who were the absolute champions did it last in 2011, while they used to win PL with 12 pts lead in SAF era, the fact SAF won the last PL title with a very aging team should have got your attention, but you arent following this league with neutral and objective eyes, your subjectivity, bias and Ignorance, maybe pride because sometimes you are aware of things but deliberatly ignore them....

Well im sure you would have been the happiest Chelsea fan on earth if they did :) and im not this kind of eternal whiner, i just gave you some of your medicine since you love to do it to others, i do it only to Chelsea and their Whiner fans, it was the opposite for years now, how does it feel ? :) to not be in your favourite position : the victims.

No, you were not, you were the luckiest team ever, even Porto of 2004 didnt got this sort of luck, Chelsea was 5th of their own League and got trashed 4-1 in Europeen super cup by EL winners wich never happen to the CL winners ever...

PSG was half injured VS Chelsea too, Motta and Lucas are main players, they played Marquinhos and Silva who are also starters, and Barça got Iniesta injured and Alves suspended playing with Montoya, if its your excuse for Chelsea loss against them then LOL.

Dont be affraid, i wont discuss the fact that i was right about it from the start, i dont need to embarass you the fact you understand now is enough for me so we dont go on reality denial each time.

This year is different only for Chelsea, last year it was the same Chelsea of last year would be leading by 1 point margin at the moment and everybody would be screaming about competitiveness...
United who were the absolute champions did it last in 2011, while they used to win PL with 12 pts lead in SAF era, the fact SAF won the last PL title with a very aging team should have got your attention, but you arent following this league with neutral and objective eyes, your subjectivity, bias and Ignorance, maybe pride makes you deliberatly ignore it...

tiki_taka 9 years ago

By the way, im also happy you didnt progress, we witnessed some great games in quarters, Chelsea would have probably ruined 2 of them for neutrals...

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@AlexBatak

"Mate, we are the best club in England and amongst the best in the world"

• Best in England? No doubt. Best in the world? Haha, don't make me laugh. The best teams in the world don't get knocked out at the Ro16 stage in the Champions League. You guys are not one of the best teams in the world. The best teams in the world are the 4 favorites that have made it to the semifinals of the Champions League.

HorseAFC 9 years ago
60 798

@DYnastian98 Totally right... Porto is the best team in the world

I make money on betting so i have to watch many games to give a proper judgement on forms and level, an objective one...

Buthurt from what ? What would make me buthurt from Chelsea, sincerly ?

• History

I make money on betting so i have to watch many games to give a proper judgement on forms and level, an objective one...

Buthurt from what ? What would make me buthurt, sincerly ?

Aiden_Finland 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Chelsea are boring when they park the bus but when they counter attack and the ball is with HAZARD then it is worth watching them play.

HarryKane 9 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 0 2

They're not boring per se, they're infuriating!

• History

They're not boring per se, they're infuriating!(Sang to the tune of London Bridge):Stamford's men are falling down,Falling down, falling down,Stamford's men are falling down,Un-fair yell-ow cards! :D

They're not boring per se, they're infuriating!(Sang to the tune of London Bridge):
Stamford's men are falling down,
Falling down, falling down,
Un-fair yell-ow cards! :D

They're not boring per se, they're infuriating!

(Sang to the tune of London Bridge):
Falling down, falling down,
Un-fair yell-ow cards! :D

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

I think Raimondo explained everything perfectly, it is subjective, no Chelsea fan will think they are boring, as they enjoy watching their team play, but for a neutral fan like myself, I find Chelsea not the most exciting team to watch, AT ALL.

Discussion Closed