Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Can this Liverpool starting eleven make to the top 4?
LipeCarpi 9 years ago Edited
Corinthians, Brazil 3 5

Hey, my Name is Felipe and i'm from Brazil. Please be patient if i commit any english mistakes. This is my first post here.
So, recently, Liverpool FC has made a couple of big signings. I would like to know from you guys if this starting eleven could take liverpool to the next level.
Could they possibly challenge for Champions League next season ?

Benteke
R.Firmino
Sturridge
Coutinho
Henderson
Milner
Moreno
Clyne
Sakho
Skrtel
Mignolet

Of course, this will only be possible after Sturridge comes back in October. Nonetheless, i think thats a pretty decent side to challenge for Champions League.
Your toughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hey, my Name is Felipe and i'm from Brazil. Please be patient if i commit any english mistakes. This is my first post here.
So, recently, Liverpool FC has made a couple of big signings. I would like to know from you guys if this starting eleven could take liverpool to the next level.
Could they possibly challenge for Champions League next season ?

___________________Benteke_______________R. Firmino_____________________________Sturridge__________________Coutinho_____________________________Henderson_____Milner____________Moreno_______________________________Clyne___________Sakho_________Skrtel____________________________Mignolet________________\
Of course, this will only be possible after Sturridge comes back in October. Nonetheless, i think thats a pretty decent side to challenge for Champions League.
Your toughts?

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

No matter how good the starting XI is, it still takes a good manager to play them properly and use the correct tactics. Otherwise you end up with scorelines like Bayern 7-0 Barcelona. I don't believe that XI is strong enough to challenge, and neither do I believe Rodgers is good enough to take them to the next level. I will certainly be surprised if Liverpool manage to finish ahead of any of Chelsea, the Manchester clubs, or Arsenal.

LipeCarpi 9 years ago
Corinthians, Brazil 3 5

Good point, mate!

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Liverpool's season depends on how Rodgers lines up the team. They mostly used 3-4-3 and now the players they signed will require a different set up to fit everyone in. Benteke will surely be the target man and i believe they will offer a 4-3-3 or a variant of some sort having either wingers to 2 attacking mids with Firmino and Coutinho partnering up to provide flair trickery and creativity. Milner and Henderson and possibly Can will hold down the middle 3 giving the back 4 to Clyne Skertel Sako/toure/Lovren and Enrique/Moreno. This (if it happens) will require the team to gel and form chemistry. Its possible Liverpool could finish top 4 as long as 2 players have outstanding seasons like when Suarez and Sturridge tore up BPL defences. Honestly, I see them sitting at 6th at the end of the season. And mainly because I dont think Benteke is the right player for liverpool and Sturridge has been injured too often.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

To be in the top 4 you would need to beat one of these 4 teams, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, or United which all have better squads and probably the ones that would end in top 4 this seasons as well. Liverpool also needs to overcome their direct rivals as Everton and Spurs which have decent squads and have had great games against L'Pool last couple of seasons. It is not about the squad but how you use it, it is actually a very decent squad but to be in the top 4 you need a monster squad not just a good one. With that squad Liverpool would barely make it top 3 in Bundesliga or Serie A

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I'm sorry to be brutal, but I just do NOT think so. There's something inside of me that says so, although it's a very good squad (certainly better than last season). I think they'll be 5th, and if they hit fantastic form, they could be 4th actually .. : D

As said before in a thread, I believe Benteke will be great this season.

I could paste Dynastian's comment and it would feel like my own comment. I totally agree with you, VERY well said.

LipeCarpi 9 years ago Edited
Corinthians, Brazil 3 5

THanks for the feedback guys.. you all have good points..In my opinion.... If Sturridge comes back and have no no more injuries... i truly belive this Squad can thrive.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

THanks for the feedback guys.. you all have good points..In my opinion.... If Sturridge comes back and hano no more injuries... i truly belive this Squad can thrive.

rampage 9 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 5 78

They would not make top 10 in Bundesliga with that squad. We have much tougher teams than Spurs and Everton .
People talk down too often on Bundesliga and Seria A here .

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Well, there is a chance but it would be minimal. @Dyn made an excellent point there, you need a good coach and with this line up it's gonna be hard considering other teams.

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

Liverpool will challenge for top 4 but that doesn't make it. they will if our players are in form we will challenge i believe in the squad But i will later regret saying this