Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea vs Manchester United Preview and Post talks
Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

TEAM NEWS

Chelsea winger Eden Hazard could return to the starting line-up after beginning on the bench against Watford.

Pedro is doubtful with a minor groin problem, while Loic Remy and Radamel Falcao remain injured and recent signings Alexandre Pato and Matt Miazga lack match fitness.

Manchester United could name the same team which began the win against Stoke.

The Red Devils are still without Marcos Rojo, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones and Luke Shaw.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Chelsea are unbeaten in their last nine league and cup games against Manchester United (W5, D4).

• The Red Devils have won just one Premier League game at Stamford Bridge since 2002 - a 3-2 victory in October 2012.

• Victory would give Chelsea their 50th win against Manchester United in all competitions.

• There have been four red cards shown in the last five Premier League games meetings at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea

• The Blues could draw four successive Premier League home games for the first time.

• The last time they drew four consecutive top-flight home games was between November 1987 and January 1988, when they shared the points in five straight games at Stamford Bridge.

• Chelsea are unbeaten in eight league games (W3, D5) - the longest streak in the top flight.
    However, Wednesday's draw at Watford means the Blues still have not recorded back-to-back league victories since winning the title last May.

Manchester United

• Defeat would leave Manchester United with their lowest points tally (40 points) at this stage of a Premier League season.

• Wayne Rooney has scored five goals in his last five Premier League appearances - more than in his previous 25 appearances.
  • Rooney has been involved in eight of the Red Devils' last 10 league goals, scoring five goals and registering three assists.

• Juan Mata has gone 12 Premier League games without registering a goal or assist - his longest barren spell since arriving in the English top flight.

Possible line up

enter image description here

My prediction

2-1 . Eden Hazard , Diego Costa and for United will

Comments
Marcus2011 8 years ago

for United will be Carrick .

onze11 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Haiti 29 123

Imagine both Hazard and Mata score.

Guus Hiddink has not lost to Louis van Gaal in 5 games (W4, D1).

Interesting...

Good read. Can't wait for the battle between these two struggling English giants.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Imagine both Hazard and Mata score.

Guus Hiddink has not lost to Louis van Gaal in 5 games (W4, D1).

Interesting...

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

This game will probably not present either the United or Chelsea team we're used to seeing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the scoreline was the same as our previous get together this season, and if not the scoreline, the result.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Will be a narrow game, probably a 1-0, hopefully in Chelsea's favour.

The possible Chelsea line-up above looks good to me, but I would make one change to it. Instead of playing Oscar, I would shift Willian to the middle and replace Oscar with Kenedy. I feel like some players can't cope with the pressure of embarrassing themselves against some very young players like Borthwick-Jackson. I remember how that 19 y/o left-back Mbabu from Newcastle kept Pedro in his pocket all-day long. That is why I would play Kenedy as there is less pressure on a 19 y/o to perform against a defender of the same age. I hope this is somehow understandable :D

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

0-0

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Last game could have ended 3-3, so i expect a few goals in this game, i hope we will win but if we lose i wouldn't care.

onze11 8 years ago
Barcelona, Haiti 29 123

@ JuanMata10 Good point.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

@juan

Good point . Being over confident going against young left back can play against the older player . Kenedy on the other hand is not afraid to experiment and goes forward like a tank. If he looses ball he will track crap out of it and get it back .

I still don;t understand why Mikel is playing ... we have LOftus ! Play him MOFO ! Everyone blamed Jose for not playing youngesters now we have new manager and still doing the same. I say problem with the board who are putting so much pressure for team to get results that taking chances on unestablished youth who are not quiet first team material becomes risky . Zouma had to do very extra work to earn it . I hope Kenedy works his way in and does not give up .

Don;t worry boys one thing is for sure we won't loose . Not being coc*y just looking at the reality . United are not doing any better just higher up the table .

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Hazard is on the bench ...

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Huh, my prediction was actually right. First time that's ever happened.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I'm just going to be the one who says it: United was lucky, De Gea MotM by far. Very entertaining game though.

I don't want to quote Brendan Rodgers, but we showed great character indeed. I thought the Zouma injury was terrifying, for the players as well. I've never seen an injured player scream like that before, I could hear it through my speakers even though Zouma was laying in the middle of the pitch, 30 metres away from the sideline microphones. A team often falls into a hole after something like this and to top it off, we conceded like 2 minutes after Zouma was stretched off, so to react in the way we did and dominate for the remainder of the game was nice to see. Moral victory for us, if that counts for anything.

TheGame 8 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

It feels like a loss. Sad for Zouma. DDG is a monster between the sticks.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

This crossed my mind . De Gea is obviously world class keeper and when he faces his mates at the practice do they have tough time just like Chelsea had ? If Not then should not they be much better at scoring . United's goal tally is not so well .

Same question applies to Chelsea but in all honesty our attackers won't score even on empty goal .

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I dont believe luck had anything to do with the result. Having a keeper in form has nothing to do with luck and to be fair, Courtois had his decent amount of great saves in the game as well.
In the end Chelsea only managed to tie due to Borthwick-Jackson's lack of experience.

It definitely seems like a defeat after how the game developed for the most part. I felt like United deserved more than the 1pt mainly because they dominated a big part of the game. In a more optimistic point of view, Chelsea has been in good form lately and a tie at the bridge is a result many teams would love to get there. On an objective pov, we are now 6pt. below CL qualification...

Marcus2011 8 years ago

You guys still think that team with higher possession should win matches ... I thought you called boring side to side football ..

Chelsea had much clearer chances but damn De Gea .. and on top our strikers just need 40 chances to convert one .

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Tuanis

Borthwick-Jackson was not at fault for the goal, he came all the way across the 18 to pick up Costa who wasn't even his man due to a slip in the United defence and blocked Costa's first shot. It was just unlucky whoever it was slipped to being with, and even more unlucky that the rebound went straight back to Costa after De Gea had already committed.

TheGame 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

The goal was Blind's fault. He had no reason to pick up JT and leave Costa isolated.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The goal was Blind's fault. He had no reason to want to pick up JT and leave Costa isolated.