Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cristiano Ronaldo Speaks About His Retirement Plans and Messi
Dynastian98 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Retirement

In my mind I want to finish at the top level. I want to finish with dignity. A good club. That doesn't mean to go to USA, Qatar or Dubai is not good but I don't see myself [going]. I am very comfortable at Real Madrid. I feel happy.

Future plans on coaching

I have no passion to [coach]. I want to carry on with my brands: with my shoes, with my underwear, my shirts. I have many brands that I want to grow.

Ballon d'Or 2015

To be honest I think Messi is going to win. This kind of trophy depends on votes and he won competitions. He won the Champions League and La Liga.

I have a normal relationship (with Messi). We share this stage at FIFA for eight years. No-one did that in the past, only us. So it's good, I have a good relationship with him. We are not old friends but we respect each other.

In terms of individual (performances) I probably did the best season of my career, which is good. I was the highest scorer in Europe. It's all about votes. It's difficult. To be honest I'm not very worried about that because I never thought I'd win three times. To win it once is incredible.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

In my mind I want to finish at the top level. I want to finish with dignity. A good club. That doesn't mean to go to USA, Qatar or Dubai is not good but I don't see myself [going]. I am very comfortable at Real Madrid. I feel happy.

I have no passion to [coach]. I want to carry on with my brands: with my shoes, with my underwear, my shirts. I have many brands that I want to grow.

To be honest I think Messi is going to win. This kind of trophy depends on votes and he won competitions. He won the Champions League and La Liga.

I have a normal relationship (with Messi). We share this stage at FIFA for eight years. No-one did that in the past, only us. So it's good, I have a good relationship with him. We are not old friends but we respect each other.

In terms of individual (performances) I probably did the best season of my career, which is good. I was the highest scorer in Europe. It's all about votes. It's difficult. To be honest I'm not very worried about that because I never thought I'd win three times. To win it once is incredible.

Comments
decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Don't want to criticize but always seems to say the same things. Though the coaching thing was new to me & find it bit surprising that he doesn't want to inspire & teach other players to become better players. Coaching doesn't mean you have to be a manager, but you can coach u11, u14 & u17 etc teams.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@DecentK

This is the first time I have heard him speak of his retirement plans, first time I've heard him speak of his opinion on coaching, and the first time he's backed Messi for winning the 2015 Ballon d'Or. I wouldn't have shared this if it was something he repeated from before.

decentK 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Yep I don't blame you for posting.

The Ballon d'Or thing - he has always said the same thing (every year before Ballon d'OR gala) "I've been better than Messi, but he's 'so called good guy' so he'll win. I can't change who I am". Obviously not straight quote, but something like that every single year.

Coaching I alrdy mentioned it's new.

Retirement plan. Every time says he's not after money (Qatar) (although he actually is, but let's not get into that.)

• History

Yep I don't blame you for posting.

The Ballon d'Or thing - he has always says the same thing (every year before Ballon d'OR gala) "I've been better than Messi, but he's 'so called good guy' so he'll win. I can't change who I am". Obviously not straight quote, but something like that every single year.

Coaching I alrdy mentioned it's new.

Retirement plan. Every time says he's not after money (Qatar) (although he actually is, but let's not get into that.)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I always got the feeling that if Beckham ever gets his Miami franchise in the MLS, Ronaldo would be their first signing.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@DecentK

"I've been better than Messi, but he's 'so called good guy' so he'll win. I can't change who I am". Obviously not straight quote, but something like that every single year.

You're twisting his words. He said that he had his best individual season in his career in 2014/15, but did not win any trophies. Messi, however, has won the treble and has also had an equally good season. Ronaldo clearly values team trophies more than individual merits, and that's why he has publicly backed Messi to win the Ballon d'Or. Hence the quote: "To be honest I think Messi is going to win. This kind of trophy depends on votes and he won competitions. He won the Champions League and La Liga." He did not mention anything about media perception of himself or Messi. You're doing exactly what the media loves to do with Ronaldo: twist his words and make everything he says sound arrogant and childish.

Every time says he's not after money (Qatar) (although he actually is, but let's not get into that.)

Yes, it's common sense, really. You need money to survive in this world, and footballers have to earn as much as they can in order to provide for their future. Ronaldo's doing that through his brands, much like David Beckham. He would never publicly reject a move to Qatar because that is disrespectful and narrows his options in the future.

You're trying to project a greedy image of Ronaldo, which is inaccurate to say the least. If it was money he was after, he would have joined PSG a long time ago. He would've stayed at United or gone back to them since they were willing to pay him at least the same amount as Real Madrid. Once again, you're trying to twist what he says into something befitting your biased opinion of him.

liverpollfcangryfan 8 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

fair play to ronaldo never thought he would say this.But i actually think ronaldo had a better season than messi

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Why most fans bash Ronaldo for showing charismatic arrogance but not Ibrahimovic ? I like both players but just can't see why both treated differently .

Ronaldo can be arrogant as much as he wants and half of the time it comes off arrogant rather than he really intended it . I think his english limits him from expressing himself just the way he intended to say .

Either way I think him staying from management and retiring at the big clubs proves him as a smart guy . He knows he can build an empire and make way more money and build reputation like Beckham rather than being fired from some big club then being outcast and laughing stock in other clubs then end up on some shytty network making comments about about World Cup or CL . Smart lad . He should continue making money and building reputation while he is still young. This guy gives back to community a lot too so I support his choice !

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@decentK I really respect you man, but I don't Know why you need to go so, so, so deep and twisting his words to sound him more of a bad guy. I can do that to any of Messi's interviews and I doubt it that you or any other Ronaldo hater will believe it.

Inspiration? Is Beckham, Scholes, Henry, Van der sar, Ronaldo lima, Puyol, Del piero etc ended up as coaches? No. Just because he is Ronaldo doesn't mean he should do everything to please you. Plus Ronaldo isn't arrogant he is just bluntly straight off Honest. He is actually the only player I could trust, cause he doesn't hide anything. I like those type of players, saying what they have in their mind which is arguably true. He said "In my mind, I'm better" Wont you say that if Your friend is a liverpool fan, and You'll say "In my mind Arsenal is better" even Ill say it a thousand times that In my mind, personally Madrid is better than Barca. Simple as that.

We all know people hate Ronaldo because he is what I believe, a 99% perfect Human. He has everything, looks, fame, money, loving family, and being the best at what he does. I won't be surprised if he starts to take over the business world with his franchise, people underestimate Ronaldo's intellect cause of his image which is plain dumb.

Once again, I know you are thinking that I am mad because I typed this long text, but Im perfectly normal and like I said, i respect you, but you should try to lay off those football gag posts and try to watch football as a MAN.

+1 marcus and dyna.

decentK 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

^Henry is coaching Arsenal's u21 & doing coaching badges ;) You're going 2 far again, I didn't offend him - I just said that I've seen these absolutely identical quotes from years back & would've liked to see him coaching. Don't get offended too easily & stop twisting my words, ha.

• History

^Henry is coaching Arsenal's u21 & doing coaching badges ;)

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

touche.. about henry.

Im not offended, but for me, this is actually the first and like dyna said. Stop taking his words from a negative view, look at it as a positive view, thats the problem. You look at the worst negative areas in any of his interviews try the opposite mate for once :)

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

=D trust me I don't. Just whatever really.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

If he can do that, that would lovely for us fans. We all want Ronaldo and Messi and our very best to stay in Europe until their very last day.

Of course it would be nice for MLS to have some top class players, but not those very best ones.