Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jose Mourinho's EPIC Speech
Madridista11 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Buckle up, fellas. We are going to debunk some "ideas" today.

Disclaimer: I, Madridista11, wish no harm upon the citizens of footyroom. This is just me, once again, trying to have a discussion like a true gentleman in the most unbiased way (always been unbiased). Therefore please try to be respectful to your peers as I try to put this discussion to sleep. Let's begin.

First of I'd like to share with you guys the first time I heard the term "Parking the Bus". Coined by the two FCB clubs in rage, Chelsea won the UCL by really playing defense like no other teams have. To be fair, if the only player that is in his natural position is your striker, then odds are that you are actually parking the bus. To be honest, it was RDM's first few months of being a manager. So we can all agree that his lack of experience is the reason, right?

Now, things are different. I think (in MY opinion) the term stuck around even after RDM was sacked, and I believe that Chelsea does not park the bus anymore. Here are my simple, yet very convincing proofs:

1) Chelsea is the 2nd top scoring team
2) 3rd Top scorer : Diego Costa - 20 goals
3) Top Assister : Fabregas - 18

And they have done well in defense as the conceded the least amount of goals with 32.

That's all I got... Go on.

*Grabs popcorn *

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Buckle up, fellas. We are going to debunk some "ideas" today.

Disclaimer: I, Madridista11, wish no harm upon the citizens of footyroom. This is just me, once again, trying to have a discussion like a true gentleman in the most unbiased way (always been unbiased). Therefore please try to be respectful to your peers as I try to put this discussion to sleep. Let's begin.

First of I'd like to share with you guys the first time I heard the term "Parking the Bus". Coined by the two FCB clubs in rage, Chelsea won the UCL by really playing defense like no other teams have. To be fair, if the only player that is in his natural position is your striker, then odds are that you are actually parking the bus. To be honest, it was RDM's first few months of being a manager. So we can all agree that his lack of experience is the reason, right?

Now, things are different. I think (in MY opinion) the term stuck around even after RDM was sacked, and I believe that Chelsea does not park the bus anymore. Here are my simple, yet very convincing proofs:

1) Chelsea is the 2nd top scoring team
2) 3rd Top scorer : Diego Costa - 20 goals
3) Top Assister : Fabregas - 18

And they have done well in defense as the conceded the least amount of goals with 32.

That's all I got... Go on.

Comments
Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

*Finishes popcorn*

Well, he said that players didnt get the respect they should have after winning the league which is not true, they are deserving champions and nobody can deny that. He is just frustrated because of what people say about Chelsea as a whole. In the end they won two trophies and had a great season overall.

Anyways... I truly recommend watching the entire video, I laughed so hard with the story he told and I've got to say Mou really knows how to give speeches, how can someone not love this guy? He even accepted he had to park the bus on some occasions.

Chelsea has the lead for next season already, I would go as far as saying they will win it again, I would bet on it.

Madridista11 9 years ago

*Grabs another cause it's too damn delicious*

Thanks for the recommendation, but I did finish the entire video. When a team is "parking the bus" it means that the team is constantly playing defense.That's what I mean by saying Chelsea "were". When a team parks the bus sometimes, it doesn't mean that they are parking the bus all the time. Take, for example, Sergio Ramos. He averages about 10 goals a season. That does not make him a goalscorer. You get my point?

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Mou is super smart when it comes to speeches... he sometimes sounds arrogant or throw out some utter craps, but all of them are intentional and pretty good. Some are super controversial but correct to certain extends. This guy is so entertaining.

I recommend everyone to watch this whole vid too.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I think to me the term "Park the Bus" means that the whole team only defend till the last second and hoping the other team to push forward as well as their defenders and wait for a single counter attack to score the winning goal. while everyone in the team clears the ball randomly forward to waste time. That's what Park the bus means that you just don't want to concede, which in our case it's totally different. We did not do that this season. The only team who did this Park the Bus 100% was Greece in Euro 2004 against France. Some people confuse Park the bus with counter attacking football. Learn your football tactics, there are many. Not just Possession or counter attack.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He just had to talk about Barça :) that club causes him nightmares...

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@tiki: when did he mention Barca in the vid?

Madridista11 9 years ago

@Tiki Are you hearing things?

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

The one with possession in the red jerseys playing without goals is Man. United...

tdot2barca 9 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Video is blocked now

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Tuanis lol okay, i was wondering why he is talking first about Barça :)