Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mourinho says Hazard better than CR7
Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

"Last season, yes [Hazard was better]," Mourinho said. "In spite of the fact that Ronaldo was fantastic. He was fantastic. He scored an incredible number of goals.

"I am not saying he is not fantastic. I am just saying that, in my personal view, every football player in the world should understand that a team has to be in front and no titles."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

"Last season, yes [Hazard was better]," Mourinho said. "In spite of the fact that Ronaldo was fantastic. He was fantastic. He scored an incredible number of goals.

"I am not saying he is not fantastic. I am just saying that, in my personal view, every football player in the world should understand that a team has to be in front and no titles."

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Before Chelsea supporters sh*t on my face, this thread was not made to hate on Hazard. It was made to ridicule Mourinho.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

There is nothing I can say here that those tweets haven't already said.

awais007 9 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

he said we agree but basically he is motivating him as he said last season before season start that he can be on level of ronaldo and messi and now he is motivating him more as he improve last season a lot

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I like how the whole world takes Mourinho's words so seriously. He has been doing great in taking all the attention since he was at Porto. And yet people still fall for it. If he thinks that Hazard is better than Ronaldo its his opinion it shouldn't be everyone's opinion and he did not force the fact to change your opinion to his. If I say one of our players better than the world's greatest it doesn't mean anything. I say Hazard better than both Messi and Ronaldo combined. That's my opinion, idiotic opinion or not it's just an opinion. A mother will never say her son is not the greatest.

netsten 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

"I am not saying he is not fantastic. I am just saying that, in my PERSONAL view, every football player in the world should understand that a team has to be in front and no titles."

Hazard is miles behind CR7, but I think he's not talking about that here, just about their EGO and their ability to play for the team and not only for themselves...

• History

"I am not saying he is not fantastic. I am just saying that, in my PERSONAL view, every football player in the world should understand that a team has to be in front and no titles."

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Whoah , 10 times facepalm your way out of this thread . People are truly idiots .

First , all this talk is to elevate Hazard spirits before season starts , and already today he banged a screamer against Barcelona . That is what Jose pep talk does to players .

Second , He made this talk to play with weak minds and media who will definitely spin this all .

Third , he means in terms of bringing titles for his squad , he had better season " in my personal view, every football player in the world should understand that a team has to be in front and no titles.".

Individual Ronaldo ofcourse had a better season and overall ofcourse he is better player but his great season did not contribute to team at all . Therefore does he deserve to be nominated for Ballon Dor , on the same par with players like Tevez , MEssi and Neymar or Suarez who were all amazing winning trophies with their performance .

And in the end Jose Mourinho without a doubt will go down as greatest manager ever ! This man is a BOSS of everything and anything in football . There has not been such sport celebrity since Muhammad Ali days that every man even those who are not interested in football , knows about him . He can f8ck with players mind , managers mind , media , fans and your day just like that with ease , with few words from comfort of his chair and go home sleep with a smile on his face . Then wake up in the morning and read news headlines with even bigger smile lol .

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

have to agree with jose here though. hazard played brilliantly as a team with chelsea. he's not individually better than ronaldo but as a team player he's better.

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

He's not wrong. He's just backing his player. Which coach would not do that? Also, Hazard is a lot less selfish than Ronaldo in front of the goal. Hazard wants team wins before personal accolades...Ronnie, I don't know...

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ashwin

I wouldn't be sure of that. When Ronnie has the ball in the penalty box, he will pass instantly nowadays if he sees a team mate with a better chance of scoring than him. He's shown that numerous times over the last two seasons.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Wow, people are taking this a bit too far. When Hazard hears that Mourinho has said this in an interview, what does he do? He gains confidence, works harder and starts performing better. Therefore we'll win more titles and our fans will be as happy as ever. What more do you want?

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Those tweets are ridicolous. Mourinho is always playing brain games but there's no doubt that Hazard can be compared to ANY player. He won all awards there is to win in the BPL and he won 2 titles last season, much thanks to himself. He's doing at least as much for Chelsea as Ronaldo is doing for RM. And the people comparing goals and assists don't know football. Hazard has a completely different role in Chelsea than Ronaldo in RM and they simply score more goals.

@dyn I remember a discussion we had in where you claimed Hazard wasn't even top 10. In the end of last season he was on top of most ranking indexes out there (behind Messi of course) and as I mentioned he won all awards in the BPL. And as Zlatan just said, CR7 isn't the best player out there. He can be compared with anyone. In the end, this is just mind games in between seasons to boost Hazards confidence. He sure was great in last night game against Barca.

• History

Those tweets are ridicolous. Mourinho is always playing brain games but there's no doubt that Hazard can be compared to ANY player. He won all awards there is to win in the BPL and he won 2 titles last season, much thanks to himself. He's doing at least as much for Chelsea as Ronaldo is doing for Ronaldo. And the people comparing goals and assists don't know football. Hazard has a completely different role in Chelsea than Ronaldo in RM and they simply score more goals.

I remember a discussion we had @dyn in where you claimed Hazard wasn't even top 10. In the end of last season he was on top of most ranking indexes out there (behind Messi of course) and as I mentioned he won all awards in the BPL.

In the end, this just boosts Hazards confidence and makes him play even better. He sure was great in last night game against Barca.

And as Zlatan just said, CR7 isn't the best player out there. He can be compared with anyone.

Those tweets are ridicolous. Mourinho is always playing brain games but there's no doubt that Hazard can be compared to ANY player. He won all awards there is to win in the BPL and he won 2 titles last season, much thanks to himself. He's doing at least as much for Chelsea as Ronaldo is doing for RM. And the people comparing goals and assists don't know football. Hazard has a completely different role in Chelsea than Ronaldo in RM and they simply score more goals.

@dyn I remember a discussion we had in where you claimed Hazard wasn't even top 10. In the end of last season he was on top of most ranking indexes out there (behind Messi of course) and as I mentioned he won all awards in the BPL.

In the end, this just boosts Hazards confidence and makes him play even better. He sure was great in last night game against Barca.

And as Zlatan just said, CR7 isn't the best player out there. He can be compared with anyone. In the end, this is just mind games in between seasons to boost Hazards confidence.

Fru_Toot 9 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

Just curious how do you guys put Twitter links on footyroom?

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Dyn: Even last season he didn't seem too thrilled when Bale scored atleast twice. Hazard doesn't get aggravated when his team mates score. There were instances when Ronnie could have passed and had an easy goal in a couple of games...do not recollect the exact games, but he didn't pass and took a difficult shot. Now, I understand that his confidence level is high, but what I'm saying is Hazard would have passed. Yes, to your statement that he has improved in the last two years or so? I agree. But he's still a lot more selfish than Hazard.

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@ashwin Ronaldo is the most player to be judged. I bet half of you didnt watch the game. Saying Ronalddo wasnt pleased when Bale scored was pathetic. He just raised his hand, and there are thousands of possibilities in why he raised his hand. like seriously, why is he even mad? why in all the matches bale scored, he got mad on the game against levante. Think about it for a moment. You cant let other people's judgement effect you.

I agree that Ronaldo was Selfish, but now he isnt, in fact almost 90% of the madrid fan base actually want the Selfish Ronaldo who you all hated back.

Back to topic..

I agree with everything in what Marcus said and I believe @Alexbatak statement needs some recognition

A mother will never say her son is not the greatest

This point fits the topic perfectly,

Moreover aren't we just making the situation worse, every person praises his teammates, Ronaldo said Benzema was the best striker in the world, I believe Mata said something like "Fellani is the greatest at his position", terry said hazard is up there with messi and ronaldo, etc. This is all for self confidence, and I agree with all the chelsaea fans, Mourinho wanted to boost hazard self-esteem and confidence, his performance against barca said it all

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, if it will have positive effect on Hazard why not?

On the other side, would he say this if he was still Real Madrid coach?

• History

Well, if it will have positive effect on Hazard why not?
On the other side, would he said this if he was still Real Madrid coach?

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Usual mind game by Mou, motivating his player before the start of the season. Its a communication for a future aim, not a statement or a point of view.

Ronaldo is better by a mile, for me Hazard is top 10 in the world, not top 3 and imo neither top 5.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@rayrex7, so if Brendan Rodgers comes out and says that Jordan Henderson is the best player in the world, that wouldn't sound stupid? The fact is that it does and should be reciprocated with ridicule. Ronaldo scored 61 goals total, 12 goals out of 13 matches in Europe and R. Madrid didn't progress to the final. What Mourinho is saying is facetious and Hazard himself knows this. Chelsea fans apparently don't; they prefer to compare motherhood with football, living in their own typical fantasy world.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

That's just ridicolous comparison @theGame. Jordan Henderson? You got to put the line somewhere. As I mentioned earlier in the thread Hazard won the PFA, the PWA and Barclays own award for best player in the league. Without the likes of Hazard Chelsea would never win the BPL.

He was ranked top in whoscored player ranking index in BPL: <http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015>

Now compare that to Henderson, please. What I'm trying to say is that Hazard is one of the best players and can be compared to anyone. It's just mindgames and most managers do this on a regular basis so I really don't understand what all the fuzz is about

• History

That's just ridicolous comparison @theGame. Jordan Henderson? You got to put the line somewhere. As I mentioned earlier in the thread Hazard won the PFA, the PWA and Barclays own award for best player in the league. Without the likes of Hazard Chelsea would never win the BPL.

He was ranked top in whoscored player ranking index in BPL: http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015

He was ra

Now compare that to Henderson, please. What I'm trying to say is that Hazard is one of the best players and can be compared to anyone. It's just mindgames and most managers do this on a regular basis so I really don't understand what all the fuzz is about

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It's either wrong or right. It's personal opinion. And again, people falls for Mou's master-mind-game. It's just a boost speech for his team. Comon.

For me Ronaldo is better, by pretty far. Overall!!! but Hazard is a much better team player.

Discussion Closed