Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Neymar on Auto-pilot
Chanakya999 10 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

I found this really interesting article about some tests that have been done on Neymar,
Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/neymars-brain-auto-pilot-japan-neurologists-073311971--sow.html

Summary: Earlier in the year in February, Japanese neurologists did some MRI brain scans on Neymar. Results from the scans indicated that there was limited brain activity when he rotated his ankles. It led to the thought that when Neymar plays soccer he doesn't about it --- more or less an instinct.

A inference I have made is that since Neymar plays soccer instinctively, him doing skill moves is like anybody else playing soccer because it uses the same amount of brain activity.

What are your thoughts about it?

Comments
Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

"It is possible genetics is a factor, aided by the type of training he does."

This kinda explains why it is. After several years doing this sports professionally, everyone can be like an auto pilot. And The type of training he does is the most efficient for it. And he is one of the best in the world. So his psychology is a big effect too I think.
But this is a normal thing, so it's no big deal for me.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

it's quite normal, your brain works that way, if you do it often enough, your body react in a repetitive and similar parttern. what's the fuzz about it?

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

^Probably, it's because Neymar. If they've done their brain scans to a more unpopular player, that wouldn't be so important.