Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

[Official] FC Barcelona banned from transfers until January 2016
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

The FIFA Appeal Committee has decided to reject the appeals lodged by Spanish club FC Barcelona and the Real Federación Española de Fútbol (RFEF) and to confirm in their entirety the decisions rendered by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee in the respective cases relating to the protection of minors.

As such, FC Barcelona is to serve a transfer ban which will see the club prevented from registering any players at both national and international level for two complete and consecutive transfer periods, starting with the next registration period (January 2015) given that the appeal of the club had been granted suspensive effect by the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee. FC Barcelona has also been ordered to pay a fine of CHF 450,000 and been given a period of 90 days from today in which to regularise the situation of all minor players concerned.

Meanwhile, the RFEF has been ordered to pay a fine of CHF 500,000 and granted a period of one year in which to regularise their regulatory framework and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors in football.

The terms of the decisions taken by the FIFA Appeal Committee were communicated to FC Barcelona and the RFEF today.

SOURCE: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2423945/index.html

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The FIFA Appeal Committee has decided to reject the appeals lodged by Spanish club FC Barcelona and the Real Federación Española de Fútbol (RFEF) and to confirm in their entirety the decisions rendered by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee in the respective cases relating to the protection of minors.

As such, FC Barcelona is to serve a transfer ban which will see the club prevented from registering any players at both national and international level for two complete and consecutive transfer periods, starting with the next registration period (January 2015) given that the appeal of the club had been granted suspensive effect by the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee. FC Barcelona has also been ordered to pay a fine of CHF 450,000 and been given a period of 90 days from today in which to regularise the situation of all minor players concerned.

Meanwhile, the RFEF has been ordered to pay a fine of CHF 500,000 and granted a period of one year in which to regularise their regulatory framework and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors in football.

The terms of the decisions taken by the FIFA Appeal Committee were communicated to FC Barcelona and the RFEF today.

SOURCE: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2423945/index.html

Comments
quikzyyy 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

So they got banned at the start of the transfer window, FIFA let them 1 month to sign players they wanted, and the ban continues now. WOW!

Team who was banned from transfer before, bought a banned player (Suarez), and now they are banned again.

Why I think that even in the next summer FIFA will let them to sign any players they want like this summer?

• History

So they got banned at the start of the transfer window, FIFA let them 1 month to sign players they wanted, and the ban continues now. WOW!

Team who was banned from transfer before, bought a banned player (Suarez), and now they are banned again.

Why I think that even in the next summer FIFA will let them to sign any players they want like this summer?

DonAndres 10 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

UNFAIR!

Vendetta 10 years ago

^I'd like to hear why you think it's unfair. Personally speaking, Barcelona deserve this, considering they've been breaking the rules on bringing youth prospects while still knowing what they're doing is wrong. It's completely fair in my opinion.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

It's totally fair...

DonAndres 10 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Its unfair that this rule exists.
Why should they be punished like this?
Because they bring young players at Masia?Ask those players who are living their dream.
Also,the spanish law about young players is a joke.
Players under 18 i think arent able to sign a professional contract which means no much money for the players and not high release clause.
As a result,big teams from other leagues take our players.Roma took Sanabria,Wenger got Bellerin(and Cesc too),Stuttgart bought Spanoudakis and the list goes on.
What i want to say is , why this is considered to be bad in order to deserve such a tremendous ban?

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

This is ridiculous. I know that this is breaking the rules, but why is there a rule like that in the first place? Coming to an academy like La Masia is a dream for some kids.

Vendetta 10 years ago

Going to a well developed country and having a financially safe job is a dream for me and many others in the poorer countries, so why should I follow the rules about legal immigration?

There is a reason why we don't break rules, Barcelona fans. All football clubs follow the rules of FIFA on signing youth players. Barcelona are not a special club that can do what they want.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Wait a second. Were there even a ban to begin with? This ban doesn't mean anything if the club can sign anyone whenever they need to.

raimondo90 10 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

The ban was "paused" because of an appeal made by Barcelona. Now Barcelona are planning to appeal again to a different court.
Honestly, Barcelona would be just fine without making a transfer til Jan 2016. Youth products looked very promising and they have a pretty decent aged squad.

decentK 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

THAT LOGIC THO! So next January the ban comes off again and next February it continues, right? LOL.

BLATTER OUT.

• History

THAT LOGIC THO! So next January the ban comes off again and next February it continues, right? LOL.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@V Rules, rules, rules....

Rules are made by people like Blatter, if you understand what i mean, following rules isnt a mark of respect.
We have no moral lessons to hear from some other clubs who steal players by giving them expensive contracts, we at least make youth have a chance to suceed in life, forming them for us and for many other clubs.
Spanish Football success owes many to youth formation and we are proud to be the first formator club in Europe.
I repeat, we have no moral lessons to hear from other fans, specially if their clubs offer nothing to youth nor to their national team, i hope its clear.
For the ban, i dont care the rebuilding is almost over and im hoping Barça to inject our promising youth and bring back the loaned players : Tello and Deulofeunext year.

DonAndres 10 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

BREAKING!
Barcelona will try to Sign Koke but give him on loan to Atletico for 1 year!
Plus that they are working on Reus and Cuadrado who are considered to be more difficult to come!

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

it should only be a fine. but banned from transfers is crazy. anyway, stoke city were also involved in this.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

despite the inconsistency of the ban and the time period that it's given which is ridiculously in favor of Barca, I have to agree with Barca's fan about the rules in general.

It's UNFAIR.

Unfair is not because of the ban, but because of this rule at the first place. Im MU's fan and quite natural, so let me ask you this:

• Is that ok for sugar daddy clubs like PSG, Chelsea, Monaco and even us to spend oil-whatever-money to buy top players and NOT OK for some club to buy youth develop them to top star which wages that we work our whole life is not as much as they earn in 1 year?
  • Some people who claimed it to be child trafficking is just ... I dont know what to say... those kids have dream of their lives...
  • History

despite the inconsistency of the ban and the time period that it's given which is ridiculously in favor of Barca, I have to agree with Barca's fan about the rules in general.

It's UNFAIR.

Unfair is not because of the ban, but because of this rule at the first place. Im MU's fan and quite natural, so let me ask you this:

• Is that ok for sugar daddy clubs like PSG, Chelsea, Monaco and even us to spend oil-whatever-money to buy top players and NOT OK for some club to buy youth?
  • Some people who claimed it to be child trafficking is just ... I dont know what to say... those kids have dream of their lives...
tiki_taka 10 years ago

^+1.

Vendetta 10 years ago

It's not about child-trafficking or abuse of children. It's about FOLLOWING THE RULES. It doesn't matter which corrupt fu.cker made the rules. Rules are rules and breaking them gives clubs like PSG and City an excuse to break rules (like FFP). Barcelona are setting a bad example and now those kids who thought they were living the dream are banned from playing because of Barcelona's error. That is no dream, that's a nightmare.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

^ From a chelsea fan, yes of course.

Vendetta 10 years ago

Well instead of just saying that, why not show me which rules have we broken?

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited

You dont understand that i dont give a fuc* about ×Blatter rules, i have my own rules and im verry happy to respect them.
Not many years ago, buying a slave was usual buisness, so following your logic if you lived in that time you will have bought many because no rule punish you from doing it.
Im not waiting for ×Blatter to say to me wich thing is good and wich thing isnt good, i have a brain you understand ?

Edit : My rules may not suit you, but i believe they are good to follow, im not a follower, i dont wait for someone to show me what i should follow or not.

For me what Barça is doing is useful to Football, more useful than stealing a player from his formator club by giving him a proffesional contract at the age of 18, because the team made nothing to make him the player he is and just benefit from his greedy atitude to make him theirs...

That is worst than bringing someone from Africa at the age of 15yo and give him a chance nobody in his City can even dream of it, not waiting for him to reach aa level he would never reach in his country.

A kid dream he said.

• History

You dont understand that i dont give a fuc* about Blatter rules, i have my own rules and im verry happy to respect them.
Not many years ago, buying a slave was usual buisness, so following your logic if you lived in that time you will have bought many.
Im not waiting for Blatter to say to me wich thing is good and wich thing isnt good, i have a brain you understand ?

You dont understand that i dont give a fuc* about ×Blatter rules, i have my own rules and im verry happy to respect them.
Not many years ago, buying a slave was usual buisness, so following your logic if you lived in that time you will have bought many because no rule punish you from doing it.
Im not waiting for ×Blatter to say to me wich thing is good and wich thing isnt good, i have a brain you understand ?

DonAndres 10 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Vendetta
Are you serious mate?
nightmare?
Imagine yourself at the age of 15 for example living,training and playing for Barcelona at Masia.
The players are not banned from anything i think.Only the club.
And dont tell me that the players or the teams that we bought them from didn't know about that fcking rule..