Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Official Prediction League
louis_van_gaal 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

Hello everybody! Since Onze has not been active for a little while now I have decided to start being the one too update this prediction league consistently. I am not trying to take anything away from Onze but it is just that this whole idea is really great and should be carried on but currently is not with Onze's absence.

Here are the rules and the setup for this league:

1.No cheating!! I would rather not have to check the time that you predict at so I can make sure you didn't cheat. Because of this, please make all your predictions before the kick-off of the first game. Also I will never accept any edits made in your prediction. The reason for this is that some people may change their prediction after the match has stated. Although I can see what time they made the changes, I would rather be able to avoid having to check what changes were made and figure out if someone cheated. This means that you should always think twice before you your predictions because there is no changing them. If in the odd case you desperately need to change your prediction you can contact me through my wall.

2.For any of you wondering, this is how the point system works:

1 Point for guessing who won or if it is a tie
1 Point for guessing how many goals a team scored

This means that the most points you can get for a game is 3.

3.If you are wondering how many games I will decide for us to predict, I will generally keep it between 5-10. I will try to have a thread setup for every weekend and when there are a reasonable amount of mid-week games.

In terms of which games I will decide to pick, I will generally use the following system for weekend league games:

• Any games between top EPL teams. These being Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Leicester City.

• Any games between top La Liga teams. These being Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao, Villarreal, and Valencia.

• Any games between top Serie A teams. These being Juventus, Napoli, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, and AS Roma

• Any games between top Bundesliga teams. These being Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg, Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Schalke, and Mönchengladbach.

• Any games between top Ligue 1 teams.* These being PSG, Lyon, Monaco and Marseille.

• Any games between top Turkish teams.* These being Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, and Beşiktaş.

• Any games between top Dutch teams.* These being Ajax, Feyenoord, and PSV.

*For these three leagues I was a little hesitant about including them because I don't think many people like myself actually pay attention to them and would have any idea about what to predict for them. I will now leave this up to you guys to discuss whether to include these three leagues or not.

If there ever are not enough games between combinations of these teams, (doubt there ever will be) I will put in a match based on the following list. The highest team on the list will be the first choice team to be put into the predictions with whoever they are playing that weekend . I made this list based on how many fans of each team there are actively participating on this website. (my judgement)

Man Utd (no bias at all)
Arsenal
Chelsea
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Liverpool
AC Milan
Juventus
(I don't think we will need anymore than this)

For mid-week games I will just pick whatever games seem the biggest and most popular. The games will include UCL, EL, cup games or mid-week league games.

4.Lastly there comes the standings .I will be making a different set of standings each month and an overall set of standings of all the months combined. The reason I am having monthly standings is so newcomers and people who join in late will be able to join at the start of each month without being miles behind.

I will create a separate thread for each batch of predictions and after we have a monthly winner.

Incase any of you were wondering, there is no official prize other than bragging rights and a boost of self-confidence.

Although this seems very intense and complicated, but then again just predicting games of the sport we love and enjoy.

SO HAVE FUN!

Lastly, please, please, please, let me know of any questions, comments, concerns and suggestions you have for this whole idea.

Overall Standings

1.SternDesSuedens-----------------41
2.Louis van Gaal-----------------------40
2.Macus2011----------------------------40
4.KTBFFSWE---------------------------38
5.Jimbet-----------------------------------34
6.NovaRuk--------------------------------31
7.Onze11----------------------------------30
8.Emobot7---------------------------------28
9.Raimondo90---------------------------26
9.Aiden Finland---------------------------26
11.Chelsea8-------------------------------25
12.DarthFooty-----------------------------25
12.Liomessi10----------------------------25
14.Eden17Hazard17---------------------23
15.DecentK---------------------------------21
16.Minoas57--------------------------------12
17.Chucksea-------------------------------11
17.NandaYNWA---------------------------11
19.JozeMourinho-------------------------9
20.Shpalman---------------------------------8
20.Tiki taka----------------------------------8
20.Emrecan58------------------------------8
20.SunFlash--------------------------------8
24.Srk Rox-----------------------------------6
24.Footyroom------------------------------6
26.Quickzyyy-------------------------------4
27.Dynastian-------------------------------3
28.Tuan Jinn--------------------------------1

February Standings

1.SternDesSuedens-------------------27
1.Jimbet-------------------------------------27
3.Louis van Gaal-----------------------26
3.KTBFFSWE----------------------------26
5.DarthFooty-----------------------------25
5.Liomessi10-----------------------------25
7.NovaRuk-------------------------------23
7.Eden17Hazard17--------------------23
9.Aiden Finland-------------------------22
9.Marcus2011--------------------------22
11.Emobot7-------------------------------17
12.Onze11--------------------------------16
13.DecentK--------------------------------15
14.Chelsea8-------------------------------12
15.Emerecan58------------------------------8
16.NandaYNWA-----------------------------7
17.Raimondo90-------------------------------6
17.Footyroom--------------------------------6
19.SunFlash-----------------------------------5
20.Quikzyyy-----------------------------------4
20.Tiki taka-------------------------------------4
22.Dynastian----------------------------------3

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hello everybody! Since Onze has not been active for a little while now I have decided to start being the one too update this prediction league consistently. I am not trying to take anything away from Onze but it is just that this whole idea is really great and should be carried on but currently is not with Onze's absence.

1.No cheating!! I would rather not have to check the time that you predict at so I can make sure you didn't cheat. Because of this, please make all your predictions before the kick-off of the first game. Also I will never accept any edits made in your prediction. The reason for this is that some people may change their prediction after the match has stated. Although I can see what time they made the changes, I would rather be able to avoid having to check what changes were made and figure out if someone cheated. This means that you should always think twice before you your predictions because there is no changing them. If in the odd case you desperately need to change your prediction you can contact me through my wall.

3.If you are wondering how many games I will decide for us to predict, I will generally keep it between 5-10. I will try to have a thread setup for every weekend and when there are a reasonable amount of mid-week games.

In terms of which games I will decide to pick, I will generally use the following system for weekend league games:

• Any games between top EPL teams. These being Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Leicester City.

• Any games between top La Liga teams. These being Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao, Villarreal, and Valencia.

• Any games between top Serie A teams. These being Juventus, Napoli, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, and AS Roma

• Any games between top Bundesliga teams. These being Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg, Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Schalke, and Mönchengladbach.

• Any games between top Ligue 1 teams.* These being PSG, Lyon,and Marseille.

• Any games between top Turkish teams.* These being Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, and Beşiktaş.

*For these three leagues I was a little hesitant about including them because I don't think many people like myself actually pay attention to them and would have any idea about what to predict for them. I will now leave this up to you guys to discuss whether to include these three leagues or not.

If there ever are not enough games between combinations of these teams, (doubt there ever will be) I will put in a match based on the following list. The highest team on the list will be the first choice team to be put into the predictions with whoever they are playing that weekend . I made this list based on how many fans of each team there are actively participating on this website. (my judgement)

Man Utd (no bias at all)
Arsenal
Chelsea
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Liverpool
AC Milan
Juventus

For mid-week games I will just pick whatever games seem the biggest and most popular. The games will include UCL, EL, cup games or mid-week league games.

4.Lastly there comes the standings .I will be making a different set of standings each month and an overall set of standings of all the months combined. The reason I am having monthly standings is so newcomers and people who join in late will be able to join at the start of each month without being miles behind.

I will create a separate thread for each batch of predictions, for each month's standings and for the overall standings.

Incase any of you were wondering, there is no official prize other than bragging rights and a boost of self-confidence.

Although this seems very intense and complicated, but then again just predicting games of the sport we love and enjoy.

SO HAVE FUN!

Lastly, please, please, please, let me know of any questions, comments, concerns and suggestions you have for this whole idea.

• Any games between top Ligue 1 teams.* These being PSG, Lyon, Monaco and Marseille.

Man Utd (no bias at all)
Arsenal
Chelsea
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Liverpool
AC Milan
Juventus

I will create a separate thread for each batch of predictions, for each month's standings and for the overall standings.

SO HAVE FUN!

Man Utd (no bias at all)
Arsenal
Chelsea
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Liverpool
AC Milan
Juventus

I will create a separate thread for each batch of predictions and after we have a monthly winner.

SO HAVE FUN!

Current monthly standings for February:

louis_van_gaal--------------8
Jimbett----------------------7
DarthFoot--------------------7
SternDesSuedens-----------7
KTBFFHSWE----------------7
NovaRu--------------------- 6
liomessi10-------------------6
SunFlash---------------------5
chelsea8----------------------5
Eden17Hazard17------------4
quikzyyy----------------------4
tiki_taka-----------------------4
Emobot7----------------------3

Current overall standings:

1.Louis Van Gaal-------------22
2.SternDesSuedens----------21
3.KTBFFHSWE---------------19
4.Marcus2011----------------18
4.Chelsea8--------------------18
6.Onze-------------------------14
6.Emobot7--------------------14
6.NovaRuk--------------------14
6.jimbet------------------------14
10.Minoas57-------------------12
11.Chucksea-------------------11
11.Raimondo90----------------11
13.JozeMourinho---------------9
14.Shpalman--------------------8
14.Tiki taka----------------------8
14.SunFlash----------------------8
17.DarthFooty-------------------7
18.Srk rox------------------------6
18.decentK-----------------------6
18.liomessi10---------------------6
21.NandaYNWA------------------4
21.Aiden_Finland-----------------4
21.Eden17Hazard17-------------4
21.quikzyyy------------------------4
25.Tuan_jinn-----------------------1

Comments
NovaRuk 8 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

enter image description here

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

+1

Also Monthly winner is good idea . Still we should keep the overall standing up to date wether someone came in new or old .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

+1

Also Monthly winnger is good idea . Still we should keep the overall standing up to date wether someone came in new or old .

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i vote for reset and restart the league from 0.. :D lol

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago

@Jimbet That is why we have monthly. :)

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Any games between top Ligue 1 teams.* These being PSG, Lyon,and Marseille.

Why not add Monaco, they're starting to become better than Lyon, aren't they?
Also, great threat buddy, just hoping Onze won't get annoyed because your stealing his thunder. ;D

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago

@Emobot7 I did try to contact Onze on his wall but he did not respond. Anyways, knowing Onze, I don't think he will be too upset because he is a really nice guy.

onze11 8 years ago
Barcelona, Haiti 29 123

@ LVG Thanks a lot for subbing in for me.