Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid performance
maciato 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Colombia 4 8

This was an one of the worst performances in recent times. I just feel like modric is more of defender player, he does not really create chances. If ronaldo is not playing and benzema is injured he should of played James. WTF is Zidanes problem with James??? James creates all kinds of plays. Isco/James better than Kross/Modric.

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I just feel like modric is more of defender player, he does not really create chances

I can't take anything else you say seriously after that. He had a poor game today, but you're selling him way short.

maciato 8 years ago

I mean I am not hating on Modric, I think he is talented and a very strong player. i just think if Ronaldo is not playing they need someone to create plays and i just don't think Modric contributes that.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@maciato What sun is saying is that the problem in term of creativity isn't most of the time with Modric. Yeah, he didn't had a very good game but nearly no player did, on either side. I feel like Modric like to make safer pass so like sun said, he is not the player with the most assist (because he doesn't alway make risky pass). In the end, we can agree change have to be made but its possible we don't agree on the thing that should be done. Me? I would put James and Jese in instead of Kroos and Benzema and definitly keep Modric. For me, Kroos had the worst match, but that my opinion.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Modric is the best midfielder in the world. It's outrageous to be a Real Madrid supporter and complain about him with the quality of performances he has put in this season.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Dynastian98 That is Iniesta by far.

_Pelle_ 8 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

A commentator said... RM played with three midfielders that like to get the ball from relatively deep position. Kroos, Casemiro and Modric. Of these three modric is the more creative in his play. If RM was going for a win they should have sent in for example Isco or James instead, however Zidane seemed to be me more concerned with getting a "good result", especially considering the injuries on CR/ and benzema. And a draw is ok, even if a win would have been better.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

A commentator said... RM played with three midfielders that like to get the ball from relatively deep position. Kroos, Casemiro and Modric. Of these three modric is the more creative in his play. If RM was going for a win they should have sent in for example Isco or James, however Zidane seemed to be me more concerned with getting a "good result", especially considering the injuries on CR/ and benzema. And a draw is ok, even if a win would have been better.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Guys, don't you think your a bit harsh on the new guy? I mean, sure, I agree his view on Modric didn't fit yours (or mine in that matter) but don't you think its harsh to say stuff like:

I can't take anything else you say seriously after that.

and:

It's outrageous to be a Real Madrid supporter and complain about him with the quality of performances he has put in this season.

I mean, I'm not saying your wrong, but the you say it can be discouraging for a new member. I think despite a few flaw, maciato could be a great user on footyroom, I mean he is polite, speak well in english and he is clearly not a troll. Don't take anything I said personal, I would just like it if we could all get along on the forum. :)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

There are many things that are open to interpretation and analysis.

Luka Modric being a defender who doesn't create chances isn't one of those things.

If you're a new member, I'm glad that you're contributing in conversation to the forum. But try to make it somewhat intellectual. I don't not get along with him, I'm just telling him he's 100% wrong.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Eh, as diplomat as ever. XD

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Joze

I'm not sure if you're watching clips from 2012 or 2016. Iniesta is definitely not the player he used to be. "By far". Ha.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

No, @Modric is and has always been the best mid in the world in recent years. Iniesta is of course up there and he has magical feet, but the ease, the ability of directing games, the reading... Modric is the best

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Jinn Which user is named @Modric on footyroom? ;p

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Modric is by far better than iniesta with these past few years. Iniesta has one good game in 10 and everyone praises him. Modric has been consistent for the past 3 years in Madrid. I dont know about his games in tottenham, but ive heard he was amazing there also.

Madrid couldnt penetrate city's defense, and city couldnt penetrate madrid's. Simple as that. both strike forces were completely shutdown. I can also see why you are getting pissed for James not playing. So many questions in why zidane didnt let james play. he could help with the attack, but again he could make a hole in the defense. It was a risk Zidane couldnt take, considering james form, he may let him play in the second leg, lets just hope he performs well.

oh and welcome to footyroom :)

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Modric was amazing in Tottenham too. I remember watching some of their games back then because of Gareth Bale, and Modric was terrific in every game he played.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Dynastian98 Won't deny he aint the best at this moment but surely the best in the most recent years.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Joze At the end of the day, Iniesta is alway's good but he's not as brillant he used to be and doesn't have as many good perfomance as Modric, thats how I feel about it. Still, I take one of those 2 in any team, any time.

maciato 8 years ago

@emobot7 I think you are right man, I would prefer Jesse and James Modric, although I think Isco plays better when playing with James.

SunFlash 8 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

If you're playing a midfield 3, you need at least one defensive minded player in there or you'll concede goals like a bad La Liga side. While having a 3 of Modric/James/Isco sounds fantastic, it leaves the defence out to dry with zero midfield protection whatsoever. Real haven't been playing with a CAM for that exact reason, Modric and Kroos have been playing as pure CMs with Casemiro as a CDM. Modric is attack minded, Kroos is balanced, and Casemiro covers the defence. If Modric and Kroos have an off day though, the forwards starve for chances they can't create themselves, and without Ronaldo on the pitch, as we saw in the first leg, that means no chances at all.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

If you're playing a midfield 3, you need at least one defensive minded player in there or you'll concede goals like a bad La Liga side. While having a 3 of Modric/James/Isco sounds fantastic, it leaves the defence out to try with zero midfield protection whatsoever. Real haven't been playing with a CAM for that exact reason, Modric and Kroos have been playing as pure CMs with Casemiro as a CDM. Modric is attack minded, Kroos is balanced, and Casemiro covers the defence. If Modric and Kroos have an off day though, the forwards starve for chances they can't create themselves, and without Ronaldo on the pitch, as we saw in the first leg, that means no chances at all.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sun Agh, whenever you talk about football strategy and player strength, I feel like I know nothing about football, you gotta tell how you learn all those thing lad so I can study it a bit. Also, where were you during the Atletico Madrid - Bayern Munich match, it would have been a lot more enjoyable with you around. Not that it wasn't fun, but it would have been better. :D