Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo Ties/Breaks Raul's Goal-scoring Records for Real Madrid and Scores His 500th Goal
Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well, technically not yet. But he's hit 323, the same number of goals as Raul, and has a far better goal-to-game ratio. Raul took 741 games and 16 seasons to reach that tally, and Ronaldo took 308 games and just over 6 seasons to reach the same number of goals. I suspect he will break the record in the next game or two.

What he did break, though, was Raul's all-time scoring record for Real in the Champions League. Raul had 66 goals with Real, and Ronaldo now has 67. Ronaldo has also scored his 500th goal in all competitions tonight with his first against Malmo.

**EDIT::

Here is Real Madrid's honorary video celebrating Cristiano's historic achievement.**

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, technically not yet. But he's hit 323, the same number of goals as Raul, and has a far better goal-to-game ratio. Raul took 741 games and 16 seasons to reach that tally, and Ronaldo took 308 games and just over 6 seasons to reach the same number of goals. I suspect he will break the record in the next game or two.

What he did break, though, was Raul's all-time scoring record for Real in the Champions League. Raul had 66 goals with Real, and Ronaldo now has 67. Ronaldo has also scored his 500th goal in all competitions tonight with his first against Malmo.

Comments
Lilywhite 9 years ago
28 468

Absolutely crazy. He is already among the top 5 players of all time.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What a milestone! Remarkable considering the pace he reached it :) definitely one of the best in the history!

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Ronaldo now has 5 goals from 2 games in this years Champions League.

Heading for another record?

Looks likely he'll break his own record of 14 goals. He might even do that in group stages, alone. Ridiculous.

• History

Heading for another record it seems. Perhaps he'll break his own record of 14 goals. Ridiculous.

Heading for another record it seems. Perhaps he'll break his own record of 14 goals. Ridiculous.

Heading for another record>

Looks likely he'll break his own record of 14 goals. Ridiculous.

Heading for another record?

Looks likely he'll break his own record of 14 goals. Ridiculous.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

One of the best players of all time, and totally underrated.
Let's see how long we can talk about Ronaldo without someone mentioning the other one.

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited

The other one? Yeah, the Brazilian Ronaldo, Il Phenomeno. He was amazing, too.

If only he stayed on top for half as long as the Portuguese has. He would've been considered one of the greatest of all time.

This has been happening a lot with Brazilian players though. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka.. They all peaked but couldn't keep it up for more than a few years. It's quite a shame.

Kaka is one of my favorite players of all time, even before he ever came to Real. His pass in Istanbul against Liverpool for Milans third is one of the very best assists that I have ever seen. The goal against United at Old Trafford, where he made their defenders collide (lol) will probably forever live in my memory.

//hint

• History

If only he stayed on top for half as long as Ronaldo has. He would've been considered one of the greatest of all time.

This has been happening a lot with Brazilian players though. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka.. They all peaked but couldn't keep it up for more than a few years. It's quite a shame.

Kaka is one of my favorite players of all time, before ever came to Real. His pass in Istanbul against Liverpool for Milans third was is one of the very best assists that I have ever seen. The goal against United at Old Trafford, where he made their defenders collide (lol) will probably forever live in my memory.

//I hope you know what I'm doing here, Sun. :)

If only he stayed on top for half as long as Ronaldo has. He would've been considered one of the greatest of all time.

Kaka is one of my favorite players of all time, even before he ever came to Real. His pass in Istanbul against Liverpool for Milans third was is one of the very best assists that I have ever seen. The goal against United at Old Trafford, where he made their defenders collide (lol) will probably forever live in my memory.

Kaka is one of my favorite players of all time, even before he ever came to Real. His pass in Istanbul against Liverpool for Milans third is one of the very best assists that I have ever seen. The goal against United at Old Trafford, where he made their defenders collide (lol) will probably forever live in my memory.

If only he stayed on top for half as long as the Portuguese has. He would've been considered one of the greatest of all time.

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Woah woah woah slow down there cowboy. I don't know in what planet Ronaldo's in top 5 of all time. He's definitely top 10, not top 5. Geez man you know it's the truth when a hard-core Madridista tells you that lol

Amerr30 9 years ago

^ Talent and skill wise perhaps he's not in the top 5, I would agree with that Madridista. You have to look beyond that though, and judge him on his overall performance through-out his career. He has maintained such a high level of performance game in and out, every year that it would be absurd to consider him as anything less than top 5.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's in my Top 10, no doubt. After his career is done, he will probably be in my Top 5 as well, with Messi or Maradona topping off the list.

About the Brazilian Ronaldo, it's not his fault he failed to maintain his peak. Poor man got destroyed with injuries. Even so, he's also one of the all-time greats. If he did manage to stay injury-free, I'm sure he would be #1 in history without a doubt.

Salahadin 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Sorry #1 in history belongs to Zidan.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Best professional and hard worker ever.

Wolfie 9 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Yeah, but what Raul accomplished at Real eclipses Cristiano. In their prime I would have Raul in my team every time. And that's no hate to Cristiano. That's simply that Raul brings more to the table than just goals.

• History

Yeah, but what Raul accomplished at Real eclipses Cristiano. I their prime I would have Raul in my team every time. And that's no hate to Cristiano. That's simply that Raul brings more to the table than just goals.

Lilywhite 9 years ago
28 468

^ This is such bullcrap. You're implying Ronaldo is a player who gives nothing to Real but goals. Pure and utter shitloads of bark. Watch Real, and you will see that not only is Ronaldo the greatest goalscorer but also a brilliant football-mind who makes almost everything look simple on the pitch.

To those who are actually claiming Raul was anywhere near Cristiano Ronaldo: GTFO. Its an insult to Cristiano.

Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Raul - 2 Intercontinental cup, 3 Champions league, Uefa Super cup, 6 La Liga, 4 Supercopa

Cristiano - 2 copa del rey, 1 la liga, 1 Champions league, 1 super copa, 1 fifa world cup.

Football - Raul > Cristiano

Goals/Hair gel - Cristiano > Raul

:D

Lilywhite 9 years ago
28 468

And? You're comparing team's trophies, you fool. I'm takling individual footballers quality. And: Are you seriously going to compare Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Ronaldo9, Roberto Carlos to Benzema, Bale etc.? Lmao

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

It is also worth pointing out that back in Raul's time Barca weren't half as good as they are now. It's a lot harder to win your domestic league when there's a better team.

Imo, Ronaldo > Raul, but Ronaldo's team < Raul's team.

Inter, Germany 94 1844

Ha.. you gotta insult me cause you know I'm right Cristiano fanboy. :)

@Sun- Raul scored important goals in important games. Not 5 goals against Almeria type teams just so he can win golden shoe at the end of the season.

• History

@Sun- Raul scored important goals in important games. Not 5 goals against Almeria just so he can get golden shoe at the end of the season.

@Sun- Raul scored important goals in important games. Not 5 goals against Almeria type teams just so he can get golden shoe at the end of the season.

Lilywhite 9 years ago
28 468

Oh, really? Well you seem to have forgotten too: Raul was at Real for 16 seasons, Ronaldo 6. I think we both know who has won this "argument". :)

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@sunflash Ronaldo's team > Raul's team, all the way.

Inter, Germany 94 1844

@lilly Who's arguing? Maybe you with yourself. Not me.. I just enjoy watching you dig your hole. ;)
@tiki - +1Exactly, pretty crazy he would even suggest that. xD

• History

Who's arguing? Maybe you with yourself. Not me.. I just enjoy watching you dig your hole. ;)

@lilly Who's arguing? Maybe you with yourself. Not me.. I just enjoy watching you dig your hole. ;)
@tiki - Exactly, pretty crazy he would even suggest that. xD

Lilywhite 9 years ago
28 468

If you suggest I'm using dig, sure. But I have already won. :)