Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What made you a fan/supporter of your club?
ikoiko 10 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Reading the "what country are you from" thread, I was intrigued to find out how all of you came about supporting your club, so I'll start off by sharing my brief story.

I once met a Nigerian by the name of Courage. He was an Arsenal fan and a football player back in his country. At the time, I wasn't a fan of any team in specific, I just liked a few clubs. He went on to tell me that in football, it's all about sticking with your man, no matter how well they're doing. Around that time, I began to connect with my cousins because of football, and it turned out that one of them was already an Arsenal supporter. The group of people that I would normally play with were all friends of his, and the majority of them were gunners as well. So through association, I became a gunner. It's a pretty awesome feeling, all of us rooting for the same club. The sense of unity we all shared when Arsenal won or lost was unique around my parts, and it's what kept me a gunner.

Hope you guys like this little tidbit and please share your story if you have one! If you chose a club simply because you liked them, well that's cool too. Cheers.

Comments
KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

haha I see what you mean when you talk about rooting for the same club as your friends. I've been watching every arsenal game (when possible) for a few years now, and now both my little brother and my mother are gunners. It's awsome watching your team with your favorite people.

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

What I referred to in the other thread was that it seemed weird that a French born person didnt support their local club as it should be considering French teams are big enough to list them as the team you support the most. It wouldnt make much sense if someone born in spain supported an Italian club... People in countries were football clubs are not that big or recognised all around the world tend to support another bigger club. That is the case for me, I support my local team which is not know world wide but I support United as well. It is normal for people in this situation to support a local team and an european team.

I started supporting United because my grandfather. He went to study to a college in London, then he came back, got merried and stuff. In my childhood I remember watching a lot of EPL games with him. He wasnt that much of a fanatic, he just liked watching EPL games a lot but didnt really support any specific team. In the other hand I enjoyed watching United's games as much as he did, I remember asking my grandpa who was the best team he watched in England and he said Manchester United. As a little kid I was easily persuade by the greatness of the team. In the end I kept watching United's games and becoming a United fan in no time.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

I'll just copy paste what I said in the other thread :

"The reason I support Arsenal is that I only supported the national team when I was young, and all the best players were playing at Arsenal (henry, vieira, pires, wiltord, petit). I never felt attached to one of the ligue 1 team because I moved a lot during my childhood because of my father's work, and the only city where I stayed a long time (12 years) didn't have a football culture."

I've been living in Lyon for 3 years now where football is very big. But I've been an arsenal fan for a very long time now and there is no way I'd change the team I support.

ikoiko 10 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

^^^ Up the gunners!

messi6511 10 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 50 575

Quite a funny story how I became a Manchester United supporter actually.

When I was 5 years old, my dad's friend bought me a Manchester Untied jersey. I had know idea what Manchester United was. When he asked me what does MUFC stand for, I answered: My Unique Foot Clothing, or something along those lines. I began watching Manchester United. This was the time of Louis Saha, and Ronaldo's onslaught of (sometimes useless) scissors. (How remembers those?). And yeah, from that Point I began watching Manchester United with a passion.

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

when was like 7, I played on of the old PES. It had Henry in Arsenal and he was the best player in the game; so I played them every game. This slowly escalated into supporting Arsenal.. though I never started following football until about 2008

kenkichiotaka 10 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

I became Man Utd supporter cuz I watched the UCL 2007-08 FINALS with my dad...lol