Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Will the right Arsenal show up?
michaeldoctor1 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 36 1151

I admitted a long time ago that Spurs will never be able to beat Arsenal.Nevertheless I respect their talent, With two big transfers and a go to striker they may be looking for another title chance. Former Barcelona winger Alexis Sanchez joins the gunners on an estimated price of 30 to 35 million,also RB Matheiu Debuchy joins in for around 12 million. With them and the rest of the squad I'dsay they have a fighting chance

Comments
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

You're quite the pessimistic Spurs fan. Have some faith in your team! Arsenal always manage to fu*k it up at some point during the season. You'll get your chance.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You're quite the pessimistic Spurs fan. Have some faith in your team Arsenal always manage to fu*k it up at some point during the season. You'll get your chance.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Wenger is almost certain to completely blow his chance at the title with one naive or ignorant move (e.g. last season: over-playing and exhausting Mesut Ozil, not buying reinforcements for Ramsey/Wilshere, poor tactical displays against United, City, Chelsea, and Liverpool).

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@V Spurs finishing above arsenal would be far more surprising than us winning the title. And we were top of the league for half of last season, so of course now that we have strenghten we are going to contend for the title. We are one kedhira from having our greatest squad since 2005.

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

^ That's nonsense.

Giroud wouldn't even make the bench 10 years ago, and neither would half of your first XI.

Don't get too caught up in your own hype, monsieur. ;) Remember what happened last season? Can you really count on Ramsey to have such a streak of form again? His form and Ozil's unknown quantity (not going to be a thing, this season) were the main reasons that you raced ahead early on.

Chelsea will start much stronger this year, and City have yet to flex their muscles, but you can bet they will. United will be on the rise, and there's only so much room at the top.

I have a feeling that even with Sanchez, you'll be scrapping for 4th against Liverpool and Spurs, come March...

• History

^ That's nonsense.

Giroud wouldn't even make the bench 10 years ago, and neither would half of your first XI.

Don't get too caught up in your own hype, monsieur. ;) Remember what happened last season? Can you really count on Ramsey to have such a streak of form again?

Chelsea will be much stronger this year, and City have yet to flex their muscles, but you can bet they will. United will be on the rise, and there's only so much room at the top.

I have a feeling that even with Sanchez, you'll be scrapping for 4th against Liverpool and Spurs, come March...

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

^I agree, I think we are the underdogs of the favorites

KingHenry 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@lodatz our squad is miles ahead of yours, not a single player of yours except for lloris could hope to make it in our starting 11, and with the addition of sanchez, I'm pretty sure we haven't had a squad as good as this one since 2005, our last trophy squad. Sorry but the (brief) time when tottenham were closing the gap ended in 2012/2013. Our squad is better than 2006 when we made that run to the CL final with a back 4 of Flamini - Senderos - Campbell - Eboue, and better than 2007-2008 when again our defense was ****, Almunia was our keeper and our captain was ******* gallas. And Giroud will get rest this season, or will be on the bench, with cazorla - sanchez - walcott as our front 3. We were strong last season, we're even stronger now. Liverpool lost their x factor in suarez, tottenham have nothing to show for, and City are under ffp restrictions (even if it probably won't affect them too much). And Manutd ? Their squad of long serving title winners is falling apart, and buying a 19 yo lb and a non international midfielder won't get them the title. I think Mourinho and his chelsea team are the huge favorites, but we're not that far off, and this is football. We have a chance, and I believe we'll stay contenders to the end.

• History

@lodatz our squad is miles ahead of yours, not a single player of yours except for lloris could hope to make it in our starting 11, and with the addition of sanchez, I'm pretty sure we haven't had a squad as good as this one since 2005, our last trophy squad. Sorry but the (brief) time when tottenham were closing the gap ended in 2012/2013. Our squad is better than 2006 when we made that run to the CL final with a back 4 of Flamini - Senderos - Campbell - Eboue, and better than 2007-2008 when again our defense was shit, Almunia was our keeper and our captain was fucking gallas. And Giroud will get rest this season, or will be on the bench, with cazorla - sanchez - walcott as our front 3. We were strong last season, we're even stronger now. Liverpool lost their x factor in suarez, tottenham have nothing to show for, and City are under ffp restrictions (even if it probably won't affect them too much). And Manutd ? Their squad of long serving title winners is falling apart, and buying a 19 yo lb and a non international midfielder that will get them the title. I think Mourinho and his chelsea team are the huge favorites, but we're not that far off, and this is football. We have a chance, and I believe we'll stay contenders to the end.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@King

He was comparing Arsenal of 2014 to Arsenal of 2005. He wasn't comparing them with Spurs. And he's right, Chelsea and City are far ahead of Arsenal, and Man United are looking to bounce back from a disappointing season too. I expect those three to occupy the automatic CL qualifications spots, and Arsenal to be scrapping for 4th.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

ok

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Eriksen is better than Ozil at the moment, comparing recent forms, but yes i see Arsenal between 2nd and fourth next year, with United City and Chelsea in CL places.
I have a feeling that City players will slow down after last year win like they did with Mancini in some games that will cost them the title, Mourinho second year and Chelsea are huge contenders next year, with United who will benefiit from the CL break to take some important points in the race, Arsenal as the underdog of favourites as Zakzook said, and Liverpool finishing 5th.
Imagine if the 5 teams would be all in less than 3 points margin, that would be an epic end from title contenders to 5th.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tiki I would like that, but I think the EPL won't be that tight next season. If I think about it rationaly I think Chelsea will win by a big margin, with Arsenal and City very close together at 2nd or 3rd. And 4th further down.
What I want is a crazy contested title race, and obviously arsenal finishing first.

joethedrumma 10 years ago
Arsenal, Switzerland 3 881

Honestly, I can't really predict what's going to happen before the transfer window closes. We could still make some signings and suddenly we could end up being stronger favourites than everyone expected. So perhaps we should still wait a bit. What I'm seeing now, however, and what I also really hope, even though I'm not English, is that the PL teams might have a big chance again in Europe.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm saying get Bender, Ospina (or Casillas, if that rumours were true) and latest rumours are saying about Arsenal bid for Nastasic, when Vermaelen leaves it may be great back up tho.