Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manuel Neuer on fire again l Goalkeeper and midfielder
CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

We all know that Neuer could easily be one of best defenders in world, even he's keeper :) but joke on side, last day in match where Bayern easily won 4-0 against Augsburg. Again he did run way off penalty area and show his "wild" defensive insticts. No suprise he is best goalkeeper of this time...

Comments
Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

He is taking the GK role to a whole different level. Lets hope he doesn't make any mistakes he would regret about. The moment he slips or mistimes a tackle that would be it for the run offs he so casually tends to do.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Not to start talking about leagues but I was just wondering if he does this in the EPL against Rooney, Beckham, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, etc. how many goals would he concede a season? and how many red cards?

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well he did it in World cup, more stressful than any league imo, and they seem like desperate saves but they arent, i never saw him late on a player or conceding a stupid goal...
We should praise players who take risks, and attacking Football, if any team close the game things would get so boring.
I really love those crazyness actions, the mark of the biggest like Totti Panenka in the Euro or Zidane one in the final of a World cup, or Higuita scorpion kicks...
If they fail, people would kill them but they still try it, thats called overconfidence + Big balls = Mohamed Ali style.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well he did it in World cup, more stressful than any league imo, and they seems like desperate saves but they arent, i never saw him late on a player or conceding a stupid goal...
We should praise players who take risks, and attacking Football, if any team close the game things would get so boring.
I really love those crazyness actions, the mark of the biggest like Totti Panenka in the Euro or Zidane one in the final of a World cup, or Higuita scorpion kicks...
If they fail, people would kill them but they still try it, thats called overconfidence + Big balls = Mohamed Ali style.

Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

@Alex That's interesting question, but unfortuanely we only can wait Neuer to come in EPL, which probably won't happen so soon.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@CroatiaFan That's true. He is a great goalkeeper nevertheless though. It's just that he is taking it too far. I hope he does this against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City or any big club, he would pay for these kind of actions.

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I'm not a fan of what Neuer does. Against Algeria he did some important interceptions, but at this point he's going overboard in my opinion. I mean, slide tacklings at the touchline in midfield? Totally uncalled-for. There was zero danger in Augsburg attack. The moment he screws up a tackling like this one, he'll get shit on by the media and fans. I wouldn't want Courtois/Cech to play this way.

Mainzfeldski 9 years ago Edited
1 461

@ JuanMata10

Exactly, way too risky in certain situations. Cech has actually played this way once, and he was punished for it (Croatia vs Czech Republic friendly).

• History

@ JuanMata10

Exactly, way too risky in certain situations. Cech has actually played this way once, and he was punished for it (Croatia vs Czech Republic friendly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF1hepZ_Yac

Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

@Juan Totally agree.

Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

@Mainzfeldski Remember, I was going "WHAAAAT?" when Cech start to dribble. Indeed that was beautiful goal.

seymorebutts_66 9 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 10 422

Gotta love him but I still think he's a nutjob.......couple beers short of a sixpack as they say!

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Also funny thing how he was on center while corner is going on in match against Freiburg. However, it seems that Neuer stand on center because Guardiola told him that (don't know why).

• History

Also funny thing how he was on center while corner is going on in match against Freiburg. However, it seems that Neuer stand on center because Guardiola told him that (don't know why).

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Actually he was punished before by Inter's Stankovic . ( back when Inter was pretty good still )

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@mainzfieldski

Actually this was not Cech's fault at all . More like fault of very slow thinking defender .

Mainzfeldski 9 years ago Edited
1 461

@ Marcus2011

Cech was forced to move up because of the defender, true, but it's completely Cech's fault for not clearing the ball immediately. Why dribble? In this case, Cech was not at fault for preventing a 1 v 1 situation, but the end result of moving up is just as important as its intention.

If Neuer keeps this up, he will be punished for it one day (and actually should've been in one occasion in the Bundesliga: handball).

• History

@ Marcus2011

Cech was forced to move up because of the defender, true, but it's completely Cech's fault for not clearing the ball immediately.

If Neuer keeps this up, he will be punished for it (and actually should've been in one occasion in the Bundesliga--handball).

@ Marcus2011

Cech was forced to move up because of the defender, true, but it's completely Cech's fault for not clearing the ball immediately. Why dribble?

If Neuer keeps this up, he will be punished for it (and actually should've been in one occasion in the Bundesliga--handball).

@ Marcus2011

Cech was forced to move up because of the defender, true, but it's completely Cech's fault for not clearing the ball immediately. Why dribble?

If Neuer keeps this up, he will be punished for it (and actually should've been in one occasion in the Bundesliga: handball).

@ Marcus2011

If Neuer keeps this up, he will be punished for it one day (and actually should've been in one occasion in the Bundesliga: handball).