Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

which fried chicken do you like most?
iamRDM 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 32 202

I love KFC, I still remember when I was a small kid, my parent took me to KFC and bought me alphabetical chicken nuggets. 1 of the happiest days in my life :)
My wife prefers McD's fried chicken though, although it is quite similar to KFC. But we have 1 thing in common regarding fried chickens, we only eat ribs ans keels, we say no to drumsticks, wings or thighs :)

Comments
knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

no KFC in my country :(

iamRDM 10 years ago

what knibis? i cant believe this, no KFC in sweden?

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@knibis, trust me mate, you're better off.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I've been to many places and there was always KFC but not here in Italy. My favorite fried chicken is the one I make. Just fry your chicken mate it's more healthy and at least you know what you are eating and not a half cooked oily chickens. :)

iamRDM 10 years ago Edited

dont worry knibis, I just found a very good news for you and your fellow swedishs :)

US fast food chain KFC, formerly known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is set to open in Sweden in 2014.

The planned introduction of KFC's "finger-lickin-good" fast food chicken to the Swedish market comes following a deal between Swedish franchise group Nordic Service Partners (NSP) and KFC-owner Yum! Brands. The deal gives NSP franchising rights for KFC in Sweden, with the country's first KFC eatery to be opened in the Stockholm area sometime this year.

"We don't know exactly when or where yet as the deal was just signed. But I can tell you we want to open as soon as possible," NSP CEO Morgan Jallinder told The Local. He added that NSP hopes to open five to six new KFCs in Sweden every year, and while the focus will remain on Sweden at first, Jalinder didn't rule out further expansion across Scandinavia.

NSP is already the largest Burger King franchise-owner in the Nordic region, operating 41 of the hamburger
restaurants in Sweden and 17 in Denmark. The new KFC franchise opening marks something or a re-entry to Sweden by the popular fast foodchain. Back in 1981, a Kentucky Fried Chicken, as KFC was known at the
time, opened on Sveavägen in Stockholm, but was later closed because it "failed to live up to KFC's high standards", according to NSP.

Jallinder explained that part of the decision to bring KFC back to Sweden was that chicken consumption in the country has more than doubled since the early 1980s. "Our research found that chicken is the second most popular food that people eat at home in Sweden behind spaghetti and meat sauce," he said. "And right now there are
plenty of burger restaurants in Sweden, but there's no restaurant concept that focus solely on chicken." Jallinder hopes to supply Swedish KFCs with fresh chicken from Sweden.

"We're currently exploring the prices for Swedish chicken, but we also know there is a functioning supply chain for KFCs elsewhere in Europe," he said. KFC is one of the world's largest fast food chains, with more than 19,000 restaurants in 112 countries.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

dont worry knibis, I just found a very good news for you and your fellow swedishs :)

US fast food chain KFC, formerly known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is set to open in Sweden in 2014.

The planned
introduction of KFC's "finger-lickin-good" fast food chicken to the
Swedish market comes following a deal between Swedish franchise group
Nordic Service Partners (NSP) and KFC-owner Yum! Brands.

The
deal gives NSP franchising rights for KFC in Sweden, with the country's
first KFC eatery to be opened in the Stockholm area sometime this year.

"We don't know exactly when or where yet as the deal was just signed.
But I can tell you we want to open as soon as possible," NSP CEO Morgan
Jallinder told The Local.

He added that NSP hopes to open five
to six new KFCs in Sweden every year, and while the focus will remain on
Sweden at first, Jalinder didn't rule out further expansion across
Scandinavia.

NSP is already the largest Burger King
franchise-owner in the Nordic region, operating 41 of the hamburger
restaurants in Sweden and 17 in Denmark.

The new KFC franchise
opening marks something or a re-entry to Sweden by the popular fast food
chain. Back in 1981, a Kentucky Fried Chicken, as KFC was known at the
time, opened on Sveavägen in Stockholm, but was later closed because it
"failed to live up to KFC's high standards", according to NSP.

Jallinder explained that part of the decision to bring KFC back to
Sweden was that chicken consumption in the country has more than doubled
since the early 1980s.

"Our research found that chicken is the
second most popular food that people eat at home in Sweden behind
spaghetti and meat sauce," he said.

"And right now there are
plenty of burger restaurants in Sweden, but there's no restaurant
concept that focus solely on chicken."

Jallinder hopes to supply Swedish KFCs with fresh chicken from Sweden.

"We're currently exploring the prices for Swedish chicken, but we also
know there is a functioning supply chain for KFCs elsewhere in Europe,"
he said.

KFC is one of the world's largest fast food chains, with more than 19,000 restaurants in 112 countries.

iamRDM 10 years ago

yes alex, of course, the food we cook ourself is the best, because we can control whats in it, but once in a while, people want to eat outside, and in that case, KFC is my frequent choice :)

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

KFC, but only when I am desperately lazy or need something quick, those are considered bad food, but KFC out of all of the fast foods is the best for me :D

Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

this is the funniest thread I've ever seen on FR. hahaha.. You have such a passion for KFC chicken!

I eat don't fast food..Not a fan of zero culinary trained employees touching my food. I'd rather just buy some grapes, an apple or just go out to a nice restaurant instead . Also, Kfc has a questionable animal rights record and the food is really oily and has a lot of MSG flavour enhancer.
Anyway I'm not telling you how to live your life. It's just my opinion. ;)

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

I'm not sure if anyone knows Dixy chicken here, but Dixy is my favourite chicken shop. It's a fried chicken shop in England ( which I think is the only country which has Dixy ) and has great value for money. For example KFC rip people off badly for a low quantity of food. While in Dixy the food is cheap and tastes good as well.

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Yup I know that shop. It's a lot cheaper.

Keisuke 10 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

@ iamRDM, are you Eric Cartman?

iamRDM 10 years ago

eric cartman? lol, damn no, i am not a fat kid :)

I dont know dixy chicken arsenalgunners, never heard of it before because I dont live in england. KFC chickens are getting smaller compared to a decade ago, so maybe you are right, KFC is ripping off people for low food portion.

you are all right, KFC, McD and in fact most of fast foods are not that healthy, but like tuan jinn said, sometimes, we get lazy and we just want to indulge in some quick,oily,tasty and yummy looking food, thats when we go for those kind of food. To be honest, I only go to KFC 2 or 3 times in a month.

most fast foods originate from the USA like burger king, kfc and mcd, so no surprise 2 of every 3 american adults are overweight. keep this in mind and keep the fast food consumption low :)

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I don't think McDonalds sell fried chicken here.