Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Belgium tops NO.1 FIFA RANKING
quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Belgium will move above Argentina and Germany to top the world rankings after beating Israel 3-1 in Brussels.

Boasting a talented side including Premier League stars Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne, Belgium knew a win in their final Euro 2016 qualifier would see them move to No. 1 when the rankings are updated on November 5.

They duly obliged, goals from Dries Mertens, De Bruyne and Hazard securing the historic win.

![]()
Seriously, what the f?

Comments
SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Because friendlies and low-level qualifiers tell us who the best teams in the world are.

nandaYNWA 9 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

i like how cape verde islands are ranked 41, above countries such as poland, sweeden, cameroon, korea republic, japan and australia. how?! not to mention romania are ranked 13!! i mean come on.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Fifa coefficient is a big joke. Taking nothing from Belgium they can be in top 10, and has huge potential to be in top 5 ATM, but 1? common

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

We all know that Fifa world rankings are as much of a joke as Blatter's leadership, so I'm not surprised at all.

On another note, damn Footyroom is quiet during the international break. Just shows how much we love club football.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

We all know that Fifa world rankings are as much of a joke as Blatter's leadership so I'm not surprised at all.

On another note, damn Footyroom is quiet during the international break. Just shows how much we love club football.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Seriously you shouldn't even post this, everybody knows FIFA ranking tells you nothing.

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

FIFA is a Joke but i'm still happy that we are first in the world. Well done men.

netsten 9 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Funny to see how Belgium can be first in the FIFA ranking, we're not World champions, nor European champions, but we are the #1 team in the FIFA ranking, that's ridiculous, but hey, let's be honest, this is total bullsh!t, but this gives me a big smile, and I'm very proud to see what our national team did in the last five years.

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Well they can achieve #1 if they change manager. Just personal opinion

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Chile and Germany > Belgium for sure, but actually Belgium has a very good potential, one of the best actual teams.

I disrespect Fifa coefficient as much as i respect Uefa's, you just cant include friendlies in rankings, its like counting pre-seasons for Uefa's ranks. Only official games should count because at times national coaches play with B or even C teams in some friendlies...

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Meh can't agree about Chile but sure about the Germans.
That Belgium team on-form can be deadly to any national football team

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

They can be, but now, they are not.

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@tiki: Germany is just as bad as Belgium atm. However, Belgium and France are the teams with the highest potential in their current squads (not talking about the U21, U20 etc, because that title would go to Germany). They will dominate the next years if the players manage to live up to said potential and - in Belgium's case - if they change their manager, because Wilmots' tactics (if they even can be called "tactics") are terrible, clueless and boring. He should've been dismissed a long time ago.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Chile is the strongest team atm, i dont care who's the strongest on paper, on the pitch they rip teams appart. Huge cohesion, identity, intensity, team spirit... Sincerly who's better than Chile atm ?

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Well if you mean the Chile who were playing with 12[copa america referee's] yes they are.
Nonetheless they are amazing surely inside top national teams but personal opinion surely not the best.

seedycaravan 8 years ago
KFCO Beerschot-Wilrijk, Belgium 1 69

did this ranking system change in recent years?

minoas57 8 years ago
Arsenal, Greece 8 155

@quikzyyy +1

chooyaochuen 8 years ago
Manchester United 4 226

Belgium plays football??

KanyeWest 8 years ago
Real Madrid, United States 0 56

Belgium being first is like Trump running for president. Anyone with an IQ higher than a potato can see that's hilarious but stupid. My run for president in 2020 on the other hand, can be described in many positive words, but to summarize it all, I'll say genius.

seedycaravan 8 years ago Edited
KFCO Beerschot-Wilrijk, Belgium 1 69

what's the matter guys,sad about the team you chose?
i'm a belgian and full of joy with the wonderful performances our
players and teams are delivering of lately
the satisfaction of winning as a small team or country is extremely pleasant,
a feeling most cheap opportunists will never get to know
@chooyaochuen coming from a mu fan i'll consider your remark as logical.btw enjoy your louis!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

what's the matter guys,sad about the team you chose?
i'm a belgian and full of joy with the wonderful performances our
players and teams are delivering of lately
the satisfaction of winning as a small team or country is extremely pleasant,
a feeling most cheap opportunists will never get to know