Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chambers deal done!
Comments
KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Lol wtf is up with wenger this summer, we sign a player every 5 days. I'm not even excited about new players anymore, #arsenalfansproblems

Just kidding I'm super excited and like a 10 year old on christmas eve opening tons of presents. DM incoming. WENGER IN !

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Southampton still have players? Are there any left? :D

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@emre we only took one !! we are the good guys !

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

@KH :D LOL .

But still ;
Shaw: £30m
Lallana: £25m
Lovren: £20m
Chambers: £16m
Lambert: £4m
= £95m

That was actually quality from Southampton.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

:D LOL .

But still ;
Shaw: £30m
Lallana: £25m
Lovren: £20m
Chambers: £16m
Lambert: £4m
= £95m

That was actually quality from Southampton.

Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

A bit overpriced but a good signing for the future.

• History

A bit overpriced butva good signing for the future.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@marcus hahaha poor southampton though, the word going around is that schneiderlin is off to spurs along with jay rodriguez. Sucks for the saints.

@V The price is supposedly 12m, up to 16m with add ons depending on performance, appearances stuff like that.

where are the arsenal fans ? now is the time to be excited ffs I can't stop grinning like a moron and it's been like that for almost 2 weeks

Mainzfeldski 10 years ago Edited
1 461

I'm happy :D

Great to see some depth in this squad, gonna be especially vital for the second half of the season!

• History

I'm happy :D

Great to see some depth in this squad, gonna be particularly vital for the second half of the season!

Vendetta 10 years ago

@KingHenry: That's overpriced for a 19 year-old who wasn't even a starter last season.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@V tell that to manutd haha. Seriously though, we're buying potential there. He had 20+ appearances in the EPL last season as an 18 year old. That's very solid. So far we've bought twice from southampton, walcott and chambo, and twice people have said we were overpaying. This signing will work out very well I'm sure of it, and he will be worth a lot more in a few years.

Vendetta 10 years ago

He'll definitely be successful. There's no denying that. But, a price like that (and Shaw's too) just gives more credibility to the idea that English players are expensive.

KingHenry 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@V while this probably played a part in the price, southampton valued him that high because they had already lost 4 first team players, and Wenger decided to accept the asking price because he sees him as a utility player, what we lost when flamini left in 2008, meaning someone who can put a shift anywhere in the back 4 and as DM. Wenger apparently convinced chambers to come over the phone, and told him he sees him eventually becoming a holding midfielder. Exciting stuff.

• History

@V while this probably played a part in the price, southampton valued him that high because they had already lost 4 first team players, and Wenger decided to accept the asking price because he sees him as a utility player, what we lost when flamini left in 2008, meaning someone who can put a shift anywhere in the back 4 and as DM. Wenger apparently convinced chambers to come over the phone, and told him he sees him eventually being a holding midfielder. Exciting stuff.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Everyone knows that English players are overpriced...
@KingHenry so he may be back up even as a holding midfielder? That would be great!

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@quikzyyy exactly.

Btw when we talk about english players being overpriced, one of the reasons, besides hype is that they are homegrown. The premier league asks of the teams to have on their squad a minimum number of homegrown players, meaning having been formed in England. The number is not difficult to meet for smaller teams who don't buy abroad that much, but for top clubs who buy the best players from all over the world, good english players are very valuable.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yep, that's good for English football for a long term, but I hope those local players dont get cocky more than they have already been

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501