Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Florentino has promised a galactico signing
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Florentino always signs a galactico in election years, and with it being an election year at Real Madrid, he made the promise to sign a galactico in the summer.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

Who will it be in 2017, and will it be more than one?

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again. This is a guy who has always delivered.

Vote for who you would like to see in the royal white shirt.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Florentino always signs a galactico in election years, and with it being an election year at Real Madrid, he made the promise to sign a galactico in the summer.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Christiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Christiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again. This is a guy who has always delivered.

Comments

@Amir: There's nothing gay about what we're talking about. We're discussing the claim by some parts of the media that Di Maria was sold because he wasn't attractive enough. If you are insecure about this, that says more about you than about us. ;)

• History

@Amir: There's nothing gay about what we're talking about. We're discussing the claim by some parts of the media that Di Maria was sold because he wasn't attractive enough. If you are insecure about this, that has more about you than about us. ;)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Who is more pretty, DeGea or Hazard?

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

enter image description here

@Gonzi, I'd have to say.. Scarlett Johannson.

Anyway, back to the topic please.

• History

Scarlett Johannson.

@Gonzi, I'd have to say.. Scarlett Johannson.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

She is overrated, Margot Robbie better.

What are you talking about? That is the perfect woman right there. In fact, the only reason why my ex-fiancee was ever my fiancee was because she slightly looks like Scarlett.

[image removed]

Like I said, slightly.

• History

What are you talking about? That is the perfect woman right there. In fact, the only reason why my ex-fiancee was ever my fiancee was because she slightly look like Scarlett.

Like I said, slightly.

What are you talking about? That is the perfect woman right there. In fact, the only reason why my ex-fiancee was ever my fiancee was because she slightly look like Scarlett.

Like I said, slightly.

What are you talking about? That is the perfect woman right there. In fact, the only reason why my ex-fiancee was ever my fiancee was because she slightly looks like Scarlett.

Like I said, slightly.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

She looks more like Shakira imo.

and in that picture you look like you've seen horrendous things, Amerr :D

It's just the lighting. :)

Anyway, we've gone way way off topic

• History

It's just the lighting. :)

Anyway, we've gone way too off topic

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I guess you'll never sign for Real Madrid lol. Of course, I'm not much of a looker myself :(

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Amir enough with the memes pls

@Amerr I guess you're right about the underdog thing, but I still see many issues with your arguments. I'm not saying that the 2006-2009 period was the best ever either but at least we won backtoback la liga titles with an above average squad. Yea, that's right, I said above average. A young Robben was our best player at the time(Ruude and Raul were getting old) and even then we smacked Barcelona around when they had Ronaldinho, E'too, and a kid named Messi.

Anyway, with regards to losing to Lyon in the round of 16, can you believe that we spent over 170M in 2009 alone, and still lost to Marseille that year? Ha. I'd say the one thing Perez did that I liked was bringing in Mourinho (Cristiano's deal was already done before Perez's inauguration). Mourinho brought us the fighting spirit and although he was dirty, he never gave up on his team or the fans. He controlled the dressing room but unfortunately things got out of hand pretty quickly and made some wack decisions.

That's what got us back into the fighting spirit. We were on a losing streak against Barcelona for about two years and he's the one who broke it. After him, players had the mental and testicular fortitude against Barcelona. That's the ONE thing that sparked the success that we've experienced as of late. Good job, Perez lol.

Now let's look into the poor decisions he has made since 2009.

Lack Of patience

This one is common knowledge. Perez was never the one to patiently wait for good things to happen. If something doesn't work, he'll try to find the shiniest toy to quickly fix the issue. Best examples I can give are his treatment of Pellegrini (Fired after 1 season), Ancelotti (DON'T. GET. ME. STARTED. We lost 5 of our starters in crunch time that year and my man got fired. He had one year left in his contract, couldn't he just given him that ONE YEAR?), and of course Rafa who was fired during the mid of the season. This guy is not an Ideal leader.

Lack Of Respect

Aside from Zidane, this guy has walked over all of the players beloved by the fans. When Xavi left Barcelona, Perez came out to the media and said we'd have a celebration when Raul retires (Still waiting on that). Iker Casillas was not only disrespected, but No one showed up to his last media day in Madrid. Are you kidding me? That's some BS man. Aside from Zidane all of the players got walked over. smh.

Tendency to Buy and Sell at The WORST Moments.

I am sure i'm not the only one to notice this. Perez buys anything that looks fancy in the market. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems like a phrase Perez has never heard of. In 2013, he sold Higuain, Ozil, and Callejon just so he could get Bale. In 2014, after we finally won La Decima, this dude sold Di Maria, arguably the MVP for us that year, and Xabi Alonso jsut so he could get his hands on WC Wonder James Rodrigues. Now, answer me this, how the **** can we have a shot at repeating if that's all we do, sell our best palyers that ALREADY have chemistry together?

Please @Amerr, I'm not delusional at all. I call BS when I see it and trust me this man has you and many Madridistas fooled. Of course, you think that he "Gets it" now, but it's only a stunt to get re-elected. He did the same thing in 2013 by firing Mourinho and resigning Cristiano. Don't fall for this junk. The moment Zidane makes a mistake we can kiss him (and Possibly key players like Modric) goodbye.

Madridista11 7 years ago

@SunFlash AWWWWW SH!T God Dayum

First of all, I will agree, and I already said that the man HAS made mistakes. I'm not above accepting that.

His treatment of Casillas, and Raul for instance, have not been the best even if I did agree it was the time for them to leave. In fact, they should have left earlier but they both insisted on staying and using up all the good will they had at the club until we had to force them out, of course, I do completely agree that it could and should have been done differently.

He sold Higuain because Benzema was our first striker, and Ozil because the guy could not last an entire match without having to be substituted at around 60, 65 minute mark. He bought Bale, who turned out to be a winner. In every final we've played, it was Bale who brought us those titles. So do you really think that was a bad decision? I don't.

The sale of Di Maria, while many stories circulate regarding that, I choose believe the one that makes the most sense. I've heard from numerous sources that after his display in the final, Di Maria demanded that his wages are increased, demanded to get paid the same amount as CR7 - or at least very close to it. That was the reason of his sale, nobody holds this club hostage. In the end, we made a lot of money off his sale. He wasn't sold to make room for James, I disagree with that. He was sold because he started to make demands of the club that we weren't ready to meet, and as a result put in a transfer request.

All these stories about him leaving because he wasn't good looking or to make room for other players is just background noise, people talking without evidence or knowledge in regards to what actually happened. Besides, as great as he was in the final, do you remember the Di Maria that I do? Aside from his final season, he form fluctuated so much, and he would always be the player to lose the most balls from our team.

Like I said, he has made mistakes but his decisions are the ones that led to us being considered as one of the best teams in the World. In my opinion, the best team in the World

Last transfer window where we could make dealings, he choose not to splash the cash unnecessarily - this KNOWING that we would be unable to sign players for quite some time as a transfer ban was handed out. You do not consider that to be growth?

Yes, he messed up with Ancelotti, he should have never brought Rafa Banitez. Yes, these are big mistakes. However, I would take Perez any day knowing he might make these mistakes. He has done too much good for the club that he should be forgiven for such mistakes. Besides, he rectified them.

The Barcelona with Ronaldinho who no longer was in his prime, and a Messi that hasn't yet hit his prime. That's the Barcelona we beat.

Guess what though, I would take success in Champions League over winning La Liga or beating Barcelona any day of the week. Sure, those things are nice, and this season we will win them. I'm sure we'll beat Barcelona at the Bernabeu, and that we'll win La Liga. We are run away favorites, and we still have a chance to win Champions League.

We have the deepest squad in the World, the most talented and the majority of players are young.

How can you not be happy with what Perez has done? Any other person, and I guarantee you, these last 8-10 years would have been unbearable for a Real Madrid fan.

Further, you are absolutely wrong that CR deal was done before his arrival, don't be ridiculous. In fact, CR was saying how he wants to join Real for two years in a row literally begging us to go get him and yet Ramon Calderon could not bring him to Real.

That is why, regardless of our appeal to players, we would not have been able to sign as many stars as we did had we had any other president. The case with CR is evidence of that.

I am glad that your opinion is shared by only a very very small fraction of the fan-base. There is nothing he can do about that, it's impossible to make everybody happy. However, there is a reason why your opinion and feelings towards him are shared by such a small fraction. I wish that would make you see how wrong you are, but I doubt it'll happen

@SunFlash: Believe me, that is not the only reason why I could never play for Real. :D

BTW: I removed that picture because it's personal, and I did not want it to stay there forever.

• History

First of all, I will agree, and I already said that the man HAS made mistakes. I'm not above accepting that.

His treatment of Casillas, and Raul for instance, have not been the best even if I did agree it was the time for them to leave. In fact, they should have left earlier but they both insisted on staying and using up all the good will they had at the club until we had to force them out, of course, I do completely agree that it could and should have been done differently.

He sold Higuain because Benzema was our first striker, and Ozil because the guy could not last an entire match without having to be substituted at around 60, 65 minute mark. He bought Bale, who turned out to be a winner. In every final we've played, it was Bale who brought us those titles. So do you really think that was a bad decision? I don't.

The sale of Di Maria, while many stories circulate regarding that, I choose believe the one that makes the most sense. I've heard from numerous sources that after his display in the final, Di Maria demanded that his wages are increased, demanded to get paid the same amount as CR7 - or at least very close to it. That was the reason of his sale, nobody holds this club hostage. In the end, we made a lot of money off his sale. He wasn't sold to make room for James, I disagree with that. He was sold because he started to make demands of the club that we weren't ready to meet, and as a result put in a transfer request.

All these stories about him leaving because he wasn't good looking or to make room for other players is just background noise, people talking without evidence or knowledge in regards to what actually happened. Besides, as great as he was in the final, do you remember the Di Maria that I do? Aside from his final season, he form fluctuated so much, and he would always be the player to lose the most balls from our team.

Like I said, he has made mistakes but his decisions are the ones that led to us being considered as one of the best teams in the World. In my opinion, the best team in the World

Last transfer window where we could make dealings, he choose not to splash the cash unnecessarily - this KNOWING that we would be unable to sign players for quite some time as a transfer ban was handed out. You do not consider that to be growth?

Yes, he messed up with Ancelotti, he should have never brought Rafa Banitez. Yes, these are big mistakes. However, I would take Perez any day knowing he might make these mistakes. He has done too much good for the club that he should be forgiven for such mistakes. Besides, he rectified them.

The Barcelona with Ronaldinho who no longer was in his prime, and a Messi that hasn't yet hit his prime. That's the Barcelona we beat.

Guess what though, I would take success in Champions League over winning La Liga or beating Barcelona any day of the week. Sure, those things are nice, and this season we will win them. I'm sure we'll beat Barcelona at the Bernabeu, and that we'll win La Liga. We are run away favorites, and we still have a chance to win Champions League.

We have the deepest squad in the World, the most talented and the majority of players are young.

How can you not be happy with what Perez has done? Any other person, and I guarantee you, these last 8-10 years would have been unbearable for a Real Madrid fan.

Further, you are absolutely wrong that CR deal was done before his arrival, don't be ridiculous. In fact, CR was saying how he wants to join Real for two years in a row literally begging us to go get him and yet Ramon Calderon could not bring him to Real.

That is why, regardless of our appeal to players, we would not have been able to sign as many stars as we did had we had any other president. The case with CR is evidence of that.

@SunFlash: Believe me, that is not the only reason why I could never play for Real. :D

BTW: I removed that picture because it's personal, and I did not want it to stay there forever.

Madridista11 7 years ago

I'm starting to see where you're coming from, but then again, I'm not looking for a perfect president, nor do I have an inferiority complex. But just like you said about Di Maria, I see Perez holding Madrid hostage in many occasions, too.

I used to criticize Di Maria as well, and yes he was inconsistent at time, also used to dribble while looking at the ground sometimes. But to say this guy wasn't our best player that year would be a lie. 27 assists, most of them coming in the clutch, and of course scoring in the Copa del Rey final. Dude had a tremendous year and honest wouldn't mind paying him.

As for Cristiano, I've read many articles that 1) The sale was semi-complete and 2) Perez didn't like Ronaldo at all (remember the 2012 incident with Ronaldo "not being happy"). Could all this be background noise? Sure, I'm not the type to believe everything in the media. But to be honest I don't expect anything less from him. All I want is a president who cares more about football than money, and you best believe that good football makes good money.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Madridista11 You are the kind of Madridista I respect, i despise the rest.

La quinta del Buitre ? 0 galactico.
Raul Morientes Madrid ? 0 expensive buy

Ascensio for instance if given time and faith could be worth 100m, but you know Perez would rather splash 100m on a rock star profile player...

He attracted some good signings tho, but killed many players careers and disrespected legends of the game offloading them, and we are talking about more than 20 ( Robben, Sneijder, Di Maria..... )

Those who know Madrid History do not put Perez as their God, in fact due to the sackings of coeaches and players change, Madrid from the first time in their History have been struggling to win the league. I believe they would have done better if Capelo/Carlo and some players getting stability and time.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

James case : Perez construction got a 2 billion dollar contract from Colombian government the same summer James was bought, Perez made his company benefit with Madrid money ( not saying that was a bad buy ) then poor James was not adapted to Madrid style because there was no way building around him. And Di Maria was sold wich was amazing news for me, Because he was the most dangerous player in Clasico. One year later Madrid got trophyless and Barca won the treble... Perez sacked the coach and some players...

I really wish Carlo shows his worth in CL...

@Madridiata: I can certainly respect that, however it's just no longer the way football is run. This is not just the case with Real but most other big clubs. Have you seen what Juve is doing with the new badge and what that represents?

What you want is for football to go back 3-4 decades. But that's just not the era we are living in.

To stay competitive with the ever increasing riches of EPL, he is doing what has to be done. And the fact is, his business model IS producing good football. Successful football.

Tell me, what do you think with what Juve has done? You must find it appalling, I do as well. But they have to, due to the state of their league.

BTW: When a Barca fan is agreeing with you, you know you've taken a wrong turn somewhere. :D

• History

@Madridiata: I can certainly respect that, however it's just no longer the way football is run. This is not just the case with Real but most other big clubs. Have you seen what Juve is doing with the new badge and what that represents?

What you want is for football to go back 3-4 decades. But that's just not the era we are living in.

To stay competitive with the ever increasing riches of EPL, he is doing what has to be done. And the fact is, his business model IS producing good football. Successful football.

Tell me, what do you think with what Juve has done? You must find it appalling, I do as well. But they have to, due to the state of their league.

Madridista11 7 years ago

@Tiki I honestly wouldn't want for that to happen, of course because it's against my club. However, if we unfortunately are knocked out of the CL, then I wouldn't want it for anyone other him. Guy was an absolute pleasure to have in the team.

@Amerr Nah man, I'm open to change, unless, of course, it involves Van Basten's new rules hahaha. One could argue that Perez is the cause of inflation of players market values, wouldn't you agree? In a way, he was the one who started buying players at a ridiculous price just so no one could compete with him.

Regarding Juve's logo change, yea I was bothered by it because I'm a guy who's in love with tradition (http://footyroom.com/forum/discussions/juventuss-new-logo-87314) but @Gonzi showed that Juve has had a design similar to that decades ago, so I'm cool.

And about a Barca fan agreeing with me, I think we can all agree that someone is a football fan before a club fan. Me and @Tiki have disagreements but we meet eye to eye on many things, because we are fans of the sport before anything else. And, I think he sides with me on this one because it hurts the appeal and nature of the sport, It's not something that effects Real Madrid only.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

When a Madrid fan isn't not blinded by Hate, its easier to have healthy reasoning and invite archrival fans to do so... It has been the case before when their was a mutual pact of not free attacking for the good of the forum...
Some " the club I follow is the best in universe and I disappear when he looses " changed that and it's a pitty. Anyway I feel the same as you Madridista11 even if you supported Perez, Because you arent involved in any free hate toward the club I support...
That being said, we can disagree on anything as much as we can stay tolerant to the opposite view/fan.
Sadly I see you are the only one taking that direction here... and you are right, players price tags inflated due to Perez splashing, when clubs were handling good forming or brilliant scooting he was buying 10 players by transfermarket to offload 8 at the end of the season... Casillas And Raul lack of respect ( we respect them even as Madrid Legends) are for me the unforgivable point...

But relax Madridista11, the hero of today is the shame of tomorrow, once Perez will struggle, same people defending him atm will want his head. I remember someone posting a "Carlo out" thread and praising Perez " choice " for Benitez. Until disappearing in last year Clasico... guess who ?

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Respect guys, you both turn back the discussion to how it's suppose to be. Love reading this

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

my tastes are so different
margot robbie, scarlett, and shakira are nowhere near my top 100...