Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PAOK coach taken to the hospital after being struck by a beer can
alferroa 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

enter image description here

In a rivalry match between PAOK and Panathinaikos, a brawl ensued as PAOK coach Vladan Ivic was hit by a beer can thrown by the fans:

As Panathinaikos FC was up 1-0, a red card for PAOK’s Amr Warda in the 51st minute erupted a brawl for the Greek rivals, as they battle in a playoff match for a Champions League spot. In the 55th minute, the referee was forced to abandon the match.

“The brawl started when Panathinaikos goalkeeper Steele was kicked by PAOK player Crespo during a mouth-goal incident which led to the involvement of PAO striker Marcus Berg who came to the defense of his teammate. Crespo then grabbed the Swedish international by the neck and threw him to the ground, which resulted in an all out fight between the players of both sides” (Thema Newsroom).

Then the beer throwing to the coach happened, as shown here:

Here’s another perspective of the scene:

This is just the latest incident involving supporters in Greek football, as seats were burned and a fan was stabbed in a match between PAOK and AEK Athens fans at the Greek Cup final earlier this month.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

In a rivalry match between PAOK and Panathinaikos, a brawl ensued and match postponed as PAOK coach Vladan Ivic was hit by a beer can thrown by the fans:

As Panathinaikos FC was up 1-0, a red card for PAOK’s Amr Warda in the 51st minute erupted a brawl for the Greek rivals, as they battle in a playoff match for a Champions League spot. In the 55th minute, the referee was forced to abandon the match.

“The brawl started when Panathinaikos goalkeeper Steele was kicked by PAOK player Crespo during a mouth-goal incident which led to the involvement of PAO striker Marcus Berg who came to the defense of his teammate. Crespo then grabbed the Swedish international by the neck and threw him to the ground, which resulted in an all out fight between the players of both sides” (Thema Newsroom) Then the beer throwing happened, as shown here:

Here’s another perspective of the scenes:

This is just the latest incident involving supporters in Greek football, as seats were burned and a fan was stabbed between PAOK and AEK Athens fans at the Greek Cup final earlier this month.

In a rivalry match between PAOK and Panathinaikos, a brawl ensued and match postponed as PAOK coach Vladan Ivic was hit by a beer can thrown by the fans:

“The brawl started when Panathinaikos goalkeeper Steele was kicked by PAOK player Crespo during a mouth-goal incident which led to the involvement of PAO striker Marcus Berg who came to the defense of his teammate. Crespo then grabbed the Swedish international by the neck and threw him to the ground, which resulted in an all out fight between the players of both sides” (Thema Newsroom)

This is just the latest incident involving supporters in Greek football, as seats were burned and a fan was stabbed between PAOK and AEK Athens fans at the Greek Cup final earlier this month.

In a rivalry match between PAOK and Panathinaikos, a brawl ensued as PAOK coach Vladan Ivic was hit by a beer can thrown by the fans:

“The brawl started when Panathinaikos goalkeeper Steele was kicked by PAOK player Crespo during a mouth-goal incident which led to the involvement of PAO striker Marcus Berg who came to the defense of his teammate. Crespo then grabbed the Swedish international by the neck and threw him to the ground, which resulted in an all out fight between the players of both sides” (Thema Newsroom)

“The brawl started when Panathinaikos goalkeeper Steele was kicked by PAOK player Crespo during a mouth-goal incident which led to the involvement of PAO striker Marcus Berg who came to the defense of his teammate. Crespo then grabbed the Swedish international by the neck and threw him to the ground, which resulted in an all out fight between the players of both sides” (Thema Newsroom).

Here’s another perspective of the scene:

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Thats a mess. Don't know much about PAOK but nobody deserve that, really digusting act from the fan. Hope their manager get better. I wish people would realize how dangerous that kind of stuff can get, even if it something light, if thrown from afar, it can be quite dangerous, especially if the object is hard. :(

alferroa 7 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

@Emobot7 yeah, It's sad to see this happening :(

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Fero Greek league alway seemed to me like it had very intense fan and supporter. Wonder if this another proof of that. :(

• History

@Fero Greek league alway seemed to me like they had very intense fan and supporter. Wonder if this another proof of that. :(

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Here is his head:enter image description here
I never like the play-off games after the league is over. If the teams are out of form they lose it all. Paok finished the league 2nd with an awesome run and now they may lose their CL Q. place after the play-offs. Anyways
FORZA ΠAOK

• History

Here is his head:enter image description here
I never like the play-off games after the league is over. If the teams are out of form they lose it all. Paok finished the league 2nd with an awesome run and now they can lose their CL Q. place after the play-offs. Anyways
FORZA ΠAOK

Drbutterface 7 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

Awesome comment from George Lavsidis :D

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emre Huh, forgive my lack of culture but are Paok and Besiktas in good term or something?

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot Most Beşiktaş fans consider us brothers. I consider myself brother with anti-fashist Paok fans. But not all Paok fans are anti-fashists or not all of them consider themselves brothers with us. There are still many racist Greek fans. You can see the video and the comments below.
In the video, there are mostly Beşiktaş fans who support Paok.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan58 Nice, its actually pretty rare to see team on the same continent being so friendly toward each other. Did you guys ever play against them?

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

We played 1,5 years ago in Basketball. With results Beşiktaş 73-75 Paok and Paok 80-100 Beşiktaş.
By the way you can check this page. There are many Greeks and Turks here ↓

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

By the way do you remember Olympiakos-Beşiktaş games, where the away fans were banned by UEFA? It turns out that the away fans were banned because PAOK fans wanted to support Beşiktaş in Greece as away fans. That could've led to some incidents.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan Yeah, I could see how it could cause some problem, anyway, from what I seem to understand, both PAOK and Besiktas seem to dislike Olympiakos, actually, turk team in general seem to have some level of rivalry with greek team (wich make a lot of sense when you think about from an historic point of view), wich is why I was surprised by PAOK and Besiktas friendship, still, it pretty nice to see two team whose fan get along so well together. Besiktas fan in particular seem to be in a special situation by themselve, as if they were representing a desire of revolution or something similar. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, to be fair, I don't know that much about Turkey and the super lig. :S

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Yeah we (çArşı) are known as revolutionists. That is why we have the Anarchism symbol.
An example can be seen here↓
http://footyroom.com/forum/discussions/carsi-fans-face-life-in-prison-for-coup-attempt-during-gezi-protests-61259

And actually we have similar culture with Greeks. We are friends but the politics built a wall between us. But I am against all the walls. We can live in peace without the dirty politicians.

http://footyroom.com/forum/discussions/football-match-continued-after-84-years-58592

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan Thats pretty impressive. :) Still think its incredible Greeks and Turks manage to get along so well despite all the stuff which happened between the two nation in history. Funny how one of the only part of european history I know about is about the Ottoman occupation of Greece. Anyway, I'm happy to hear there wasn't any lasting hatred between your country. :P